The Final Meltdown 9.14.09

smadag1
smadag1 Posts: 1,368
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Mornin ladies

I am having a rough start to my mornin but I am not going to let that ruin my entire day.

I got in my first Wii fit workout Saturday and I loved it. It was so much fun and it was nice not to do standard moves that we have all done to death.
Had a rest day yesterday after a party at our house Saturday night.

Hope yall had a great weekend

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Wii fit is fun - I haven't done it since Winter - I'll probably pull it back out when I can't be outside as much. The weather here has been amazing so I've really enjoyed running outside. Ran about 4.3 miles yesterday....only stopping was when I had to wait to cross the street or get run over....

Ran Sat and Sun - today will be a quicky workout if I can get one in at lunchtime. Son has a football game at 4:15 so the evening will be crazy.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Morning!

(Good stuff/bad stuff)
    Good Stuff: Today I have been married 6 months....
    Bad Stuff: Today, my husband has been deployed 5 months....

lol... it's a mixed bag!

My weekend was ok. Got cardio in on Sat, and I had a knock-out chest workout yesterday... I even benched 85 lbs! I am now unwilling to lif a fork as my muscles are screaming! so, if I can't lean forward and suck it out of a straw, it isn't going into my mouth! LOL... that should be a good thing!

May your week, be filled with success!!!

ileana
  • chrissyh
    ileana - OUCH! 85 pounds is awesome - do you have a trainer you are working with?

Congrats on the anniversary - sorry hubby is deployed - that's got to be so hard.
  • smadag1
    OMG :noway:

YOU GO GIRL:drinker:
  • Ileanak
    lol.. thanks. No official "trainer", but a coworker/friend of mine is a former bodybuilder. So he and I workout together on Saturday mornings. He and I spend about 2 hours on Sat mornings, talking smack to eachother, which turns into a "who can out-rep the other". Not out-weight, but out-rep. It's a good way to make sure neither of us get too comfortable in our weight range, and gives us a dafe way to test new weigh limits. I was only able to get 7 reps at the 85, and I had to go back to my 75 lbs for my last 3 sets of 10.. but I know I can trust him to be there to help me out of a jam if I need it.

I am just counting down the remaining couple of months till he comes home for a 2 week visit. Till then, when someone asks what my plans are.... they ALWAYS involve the gym! lol
  • chrissyh
    I had someone tell me I was obsessed with working out - and I said NOPE just LOVE it!!!! No better way to spend spare time!
  • smadag1
    I wish I had yalls get up and go when it came to working out. I still have to force myself and talk myself into it.
  • Ileanak
    I wish I had yalls get up and go when it came to working out. I still have to force myself and talk myself into it.

Smadag, trust me... there are days I dread going to the gym... but I have found that if I just get in the door (to the gym, not home), i can work out just fine. Sometimes it's just the thought of going that is the bummer.

Other days,I daydream about the gym while I am at work!!! HA,,, tell me how messed up THAT is?!?!

... remember to change things up and have fun. I actually like to grab a magazine, set the bike to random or hill setting at level 10 and pedal away, sweating like a horse, but reading a book or mag. It's my tune-out time for the world for an hour at a time.
This discussion has been closed.