So confusing

Options
2»

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Please go gluten free, and you will see health results immediately.

Why does she need to do this to lose weight?
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I had an appointment with a nutritionist....was NOT pleased with her at all. Although the one good thing she did is pointed me to MFP. She pretty much spent 30 min looking at her clock without really giving me much info.

Maybe I will try again with a different one...I'm sure they are not all the same :)

I haven't been impressed, either. I've only seen one nutritionist and one dietician, but both were pretty useless for me. The first was a mandatory appointment b/c I developed gestational diabetes -- I was the only person in the class who wasn't obese, and the class focused on teaching us how to read the nutrition label, and what a serving size was, and how to tell if a food had sugar. Very basic knowledge that WAS important for some of the people attending -- but kind of a waste of my time. The second time was out of curiosity for me; I went in for an individual appointment (different place, about a year and a half later), but the results weren't much better. No personalized plan, just the same, tired advice of eat healthy and exercise. Yes, that's the answer -- but we ALL know that; I'd expect something more from a nutritionist.
    I can't condemn the entire career field based off of two bad experiences, but I have to say that's probably not something I'll ever try again.