Fitness DVD calories estimate?

Options
Hi I do jillian mckeith 30 day shred and also the davina total body workout at home, any idea how to calculate the calories burnt, I know it varies on weight, intensity , I'm 10st.6 and work at a hard level
Thanks

Replies

• Caniac68
    Caniac68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I Googled the question and got sent to this link: http://www.calories-burned.buddyslim.com/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/. It contains a calculator for the Jillian McKeith 30 day shred for a person at 154 lbs. I would use it and lower the number slightly.

For the other workout, I found a link that contains all kinds of DVD workout calorie estimates. This may prove helpful as well:
    http://www.bootsdiets.com/calories_burned/in_the_home/popular_fitness_dvds.html.

Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks vey much !
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just ordered myself a HRM so I can accurately count the calories I burn for when I do videos such as these and anything else now!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    of course everyones different and you need a HRM to determine that (intensity, height/weight) but here's some of my burns:

Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout- 250 Cals
    JM 6 week 6 pack- 190 cals
    JM Extreme Shed & Shred 250 cals

i have yet to wear my HRM for 30ds but id imagine around 200

im 5'4 132 lbs
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You mean Jillian Michael's? I wear a HRM with a chest strap while working out, you're not going to burn the same as the next person usually, it just depends on you, so a HRM will tell you what YOU burn.........:) I notice I typically burn around 300 calories with 30 min of exercise.....I'm just under 5'6" and I weigh 122.........
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Another option would be to log it as circuit training from the exercise database.