Need Motivation

Options
All i want to do is eat whataburger and not work out. :( what is wrong with me? This journey is going to be a hard one. Nothing stessful has happened.., today is like any other day. Im just wanting fast food. and im not in the mood to work out at all.

Replies

• KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Its called being human! You said all you want is one, so does that mean you haven't had one yet? Morning Star is coming out with great veggie burgers and then load it up with mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado and it might be just as savory and satisfying after your craving passes. Just don't panic if you slip. Slip and then move forward. Good Luck!!
  • amysaenz24
    amysaenz24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oh thank you KarenAnnne. No, i havent had anything yet, I will def take your advice:smile:
  • lancemahfouz
    Options
    If you want a burger so bad try getting turkey or soy burgers. WAY BETTER FOR YOU. and plus it will save you money. Sweet potato fries are awesome as well. Just make sure you track everything.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    agree with burger advice, as for working out, my trick is to put on workout clothes on before I am too deep into doubting it. It is step one and sort of pushes me, then it is going down to the basement and turning on the dvd. Then the body remembers how good it feels after a physical activity and emotionally I think, yeay, one more step to losing weight and I do the workout:)
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I agree with ppl above. If you crave a burger, try a healthier version and just log eveything and make sure its all within your calorie range. As for not wanting to workout, try doing something fun that burns calories. That way, you dont feel like its a chore. Like for instance, yesturday, I didnt feel like working out AT ALL....so I ran around the yard playing tag for 30 mins with my 3yr old niece. It was fun and I gor in some cardio! Good luck and feel free to add me or just write a message if you need any advice =)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. We all have those days and there is nothing wrong with you!!

Try to find an excersise that you like. You will not be able to sustain this journey long if you are miserable. Also, do some research in the recipe websites ( you can find lists on this site that go on for years) And make yourself a burger thats healthy :)

You will feel so good about it if you push yourself to work out, you will get results and your body will feel amazing.
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    Options
    I get the same cravings! The veggie burger is a great idea! I def. reccomend you try it!

Add me as a friend, we can help motivate eachother!(:
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to get those cravings but now I avoid fast food like the plague. My cravings now are for sweets sometimes. I just think about how I feel after I eat it. I usually feel like crap and like I just gained 10lbs.

Getting the motivation to workout is hard at times too. If you can make it through the first 10 minutes you will make it through the whole session. If I don't workout, there are times that I have tried to talk myself out of it, I feel like crap. I feel like I didn't accomplish anything that day.
  • amysaenz24
    amysaenz24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply..i ended up making myself a healthy burger instead..posting really helped me stop my thoughts of getting off track. thanks again!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Don't get too hung up feeling guilty, eating better and working out is a really difficult lifestyle change to make and stick with. I've been doing it for about a month now, not long enough to be a real habit but I'm already finding it easier. Mostly.

What worked for me was just to start logging everything I ate. That's it. No waking up and saying "Today's the day everything changes!" I ate normally, but I logged everything (everything, you can lock your food diary but you need to keep an accurate record for yourself). It didn't take long for me to start making little changes. Lunch at Wendys was 900 calories (and that's with diet coke!), so I ate the chicken burger without the bun. Soon I started thinking about what else I could "spend" 900 calories on instead. Cheeseburgers are great, but a healthy lunch PLUS dessert is better.

For exercise I signed up for a Warrior Dash. I couldn't run 5k to save my life, but I paid $75 and I'm cheap and stubborn and too proud to fail in front of my co-workers so the 20-30 minutes every other day to start Couch to 5k didn't seem so bad. I won't lie, running sucked the first few times, but runner's high isn't a myth and once I felt it once I was hooked.
  • lancemahfouz
    Options
    Think about it like this it takes me 40mins of HELL with insanity to burn anywhere between 400-900 calories depending on the exercise video. I can go to McD's or Burger King and eat a hamburger in 10mins and lose everything I have worked for. I have done alot of research and if you like to dance then you should really look into Turbofire. Its a routine by Beachbody and they said its alot of fun. Add me for any help you may need.