hello everyone !

Options
Hello everyone! I thought I would say hello and introduce myself.

I am 36, and overweight. About 7 years almost now, I was diagnosed bi-polar after i had a manic event. Since then, I have been just fine and myself on meds. However, the meds have raised my blood sugar and really caused me to put on weight fast.
(i should note that i do work online and alot of my activity the last 7 years has been internet ;)

For example, when I was sick and in the hospital, i got my weight down to 128. that was not healthy, of course. My normal weight has always been around 155 or so since I have been an adult. now, i weight 228 pounds, and that's after i have started using this site and lost four pounds!
Pretty amazing transformation. I have always been the skinny guy, so this is very troubling to me. I'm not really worried about not looking good for the ladies, i'm much more worried about my health long term.

The last week using this site has been the first time I've watched my weight go down in a long time. It really is helpful and i hope it continues. I quit smoking about a year ago, and since then i've put on about 55 pounds. crazy. Instead of really using the opportunity to make healthier life and eating choices, i became very sedentary and ate alot lol.

Hopefully now this is turning the corner. I really think this is the way to go.

good luck to everyone.

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!;)
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    welcome to myfitnesspal. i have been using it since april and lost almost 20lbs. got a digital scale after i signed up here and realized i was 7lbs heavier. i stopped working out in May and didnt work out all of june. gained back 4lbs before i started on here again. so far is a slow process but trying no to give up. Have a 10 year old to live for. Good luck with your goal and if you ever need help or some motivation i will be more then happy to help out.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.

Great words of inspiration especially the one above. Love it! Also, MFP has a great network of friends the encourage and motivate you.

Any one of you, please feel free to friend me! We all need support :smile: