New to MFP, In Need of Support!

Options
Wabbit05
Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
Hello! Just want to make some new friends and get motivation and support through this journey of getting healthy and loving myself again! I'm lacking in the support department, family thinks wanting to get tone is selfish, and my friends aren't around enough to motivate me. My biggest supporter is my husband, but long working hours keep him away :( So I'm looking for some daily motivation and support that will keep me going! And of course, I can do the same for you!!!

A little about me:
Height: 5'11"
CW: 158lbs
GW: 145lbs

Honestly, just wanting to tone up and be able to look in the mirror and see a hot body! I want to wear a bikini and not feel self conscious. I would LOVE to fit into a size 8 jeans and be able to wear my size 8 Junior Prom dress to the Marine Corps Ball in November. That's how I'm gauging my success.
Started up at the gym 5 weeks ago, and counting calories for about 3 weeks. Some small progress, but I just started!
Would love to hear where you're at on your journey!

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Support is very key! My husband is my biggest supporter too and he works long hours as well. Having a support system on here has been really helpful to me. I also met my coach on here who took the time to find out what would work best for me. I ended up doing a beachbody program, Chalean Extreme. I will be wrapping it up in less than 2 weeks and then I am starting TurboFire. I finally found something I could stick with and that I could do at home. I have 5 children so going to the gym is just not feasible for me. I have lost 24 lbs. since March. I am so grateful for MFP and the support I have gotten here. Feel free to add me.
    You are definitely not selfish for wanting to tone up. We should all want to be the very best we can be. Set goals and add supportive people here.
    Tara