I'm completely offended..anyone else with me?

Options
http://www.brainyweightloss.com/three-body-types.html#axzz1hIh5J25n

I got that link in an email from a friend, and decided to check it out.

Although none of the three "types" sound exactly like me, I am undoubtedly classified as the ever-curvy endomorph. I agree that a lot of diet/exercise tips can be taken from one's body type, but they then go on to give a description of TEMPERAMENT of a curvy girl, saying she indulges and enjoys luxury (Really? From my body type?), and then the kicker was this:

"If your body type is predominantly endomorphic, you probably hate any type of exercise or intense physical activity. However, keep in mind that of all the three body types, for endomorphs diet alone is NEVER enough to lose weight, keep it off and shape up."

So, essentially, if you have hips, you are lazy. You've got to be kidding me. I LOVE workouts!!

Why would someone post such nonsense? I tell ya, if I had read this 30 pounds ago, I might have just thought to myself "Clearly everyone sees you as lazy. You have a biologcal predisposition to be fat..just give up." I wish this crap wasn't all over the internet..you just can't get away from it!

Love,
The over-indulgent lazy girl with hips- who happens to rock Insanity on a regular basis

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not offended, but then again i'm primarily a mesomorph (most people are a combo of these somatypes) and that description fits me pretty well :laugh:

i dont like most of their food or exercise recommendations. i prefer to eat more protein than carbs and i love training with heavy weights. but i'm not mad those aerobic exercises they suggest

OP did you always like exercise or is it something that you had to learn to love?
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would be offended too. There are some very thin people who are lazy and there and some bigger people who are lazy. We shouldn't just lump everyone in the same boat based on the way they look. I didn't read the link though.