Really need help and encouragement

Options
Hi, for a while now I've been unhappy with my body. I'm 5"5 and weigh around 161lbs. I want to lose at least 30lbs. I have a fat stomach and fat legs as well as pretty much everywhere else. I started my strict diet on Monday and have worked out everyday except one. In my workout I do about 50/60 of cardio/aerobics. I also walk about 50 mins 5 days a week. I am eating around 1200 calories a day and trying to mainly eat healthy food. I just really need help as to whether anyone has any tips and advice. Also do you think my diet plan will work and how soon do you think I will see results? Also how many days a week should I workout as sometimes I am very reluctant to do so. Thaanks :) I'm 15 btw.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising, eat healthy foods and know that you're too young to be on this site.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you're taking an active approach, but I think that you may be looking for immediate results, and that's only going to get you into trouble.

Take it slow, eat smart, be active, and you'll see a big difference, over time. That's the best, safest, and longest-lasting way to lose weight.

I think you're probably eating too little for your age, height and weight, as well as your stated activity level. You may have a big success the first week, but very likely start gaining in the weeks that follow.

Good luck!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post above. Try to just maybe cut out some junk food and soda and be more active, instead of strict calorie counting and workouts. Good luck!
  • Dreamline7
    Options
    I agree with other posters; you're too young to restrict calories that much. Your body is still changing/growing/maturing. It won't even out semi-permanently for a few years. Avoid junk-processed-fast foods, avoid soda, be as active as you can in a variety of physical ways, drink lots of water and fatfree milk, and just aim for "healthy", not "skinny". You'll be the best YOU can be. And NEVER compare yourself to others.