Being fat is not my fault!

Options
2»

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I got the same idea.

Concerning the small calorie deficit- it has been proven that people who lose weight slowly are more apt to keep the weight off than those who lose quickly. This course allows you to overcome issues like emotional eating.
    I didn't think the article was making "excuses" - I got out of it that it's more important to lead a healthy life than obsessing over scales and clothing sizes. We have control over our actions, but that does not necessarily mean we always get the desired results - witness the many threads on here where people do all the "right things" and still can't lose weight. If you only worry about your weight, you may get discouraged and assume a more unhealthy lifestyle again, but if you approach this as a healthy lifestyle change, then weight doesn't matter nearly as much as being healthy and fit.

Thanks for posting the article, certainly "food for thought" (the best low-cal food I can think of :laugh: )
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    americans do have a fat gene its a proven ffact.......we have the abundance of CHEAP fast food that isnt even really food.....is it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: anyway my fat gene has a specific name....... Mcdonalds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So we'll battle the Fat gene to get into our skinny jeans....whether we do or don't I am gonna continue to work my butt off!!!!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have the "fat gene", everyone on my dad's side of family is overweight, and some of them are even OBESE....but what that means to me is i can't eat everything that i want, in order to beat the gene i have to eat properly and exercise....not like those naturally thin heffers that can eat whatever they want and not budge an ounce.

The majority of those "blessed" thin people are more prone to sickness and disease than larger people simply because being thin causes a lot of people to falsely believe they are somehow less susceptible which ultimately makes them more vulnerable. Consider it a blessing that you have more obvious symptoms of being out of shape because you are more likely to take action and live healthier.

Wow i never thought of it that way....i always think of those skinny girls are the ones who get really fat at highschool reunions cause they never learned how to diet properly .....but thats very true...so maybe i should thank my dad instead of being pissed at him lol.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I have the "fat gene", everyone on my dad's side of family is overweight, and some of them are even OBESE....but what that means to me is i can't eat everything that i want, in order to beat the gene i have to eat properly and exercise....not like those naturally thin heffers that can eat whatever they want and not budge an ounce.

The majority of those "blessed" thin people are more prone to sickness and disease than larger people simply because being thin causes a lot of people to falsely believe they are somehow less susceptible which ultimately makes them more vulnerable. Consider it a blessing that you have more obvious symptoms of being out of shape because you are more likely to take action and live healthier.

Wow i never thought of it that way....i always think of those skinny girls are the ones who get really fat at highschool reunions cause they never learned how to diet properly .....but thats very true...so maybe i should thank my dad instead of being pissed at him lol.

haha The grass is always greener right?
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to "thank" my mom for giving me the fat gene. In reality, I have no one to blame but myself. I know what I need to do to be/stay healthy, but tend to choose otherwise. Thought the article was interesting but also thought they were giving obese people the easy answer of its not your fault.