COUCH TO 5K DAY ONE!!!!

Options
:tongue: SO!!! I started it... hopefully I have 2 full months of decent enough weather to complete it... I live in central Oregon though (300 days of blue dky a year!) so it really shouldn't be a problem... might get cold but thats ok! ANYHOW! Here's a question to everyone who has done it... how do you log the excercise? I figure first week its about 1/3 jog 2/3 walk??? Suggestions?

Replies

• katie517
    Options
    The program tells you how many minutes or seconds to run and walk. So I just added them up. But make sure you are choosing the appropriate pace when logging. (I'm logging my running at an 11 min mile pace. :embarassed: ) Don't forget to count your warm up and cool down!

I am starting week 6 today and I absolutely love it! Keep it up and good luck!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well, to be perfectly honest I think that when it comes to logging exercise calories in general, a heart rate monitor is the way to go. Much more accurate than trying to guesstimate how much of the time you spent jogging versus walking, and how fast (you know, since we humans don't come with speedometers :laugh: ). I have a Polar F6 and I love it, it's a good investment for exercising.
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    drive your route so you know how far you go, then you can estimate your speed.

I did the whole program. It's awesome to run that first 5k! (Mine took 33 minutes of jogging, not the 30 the program estimates :ohwell: but I've gotten faster )
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, to be perfectly honest I think that when it comes to logging exercise calories in general, a heart rate monitor is the way to go. Much more accurate than trying to guesstimate how much of the time you spent jogging versus walking, and how fast (you know, since we humans don't come with speedometers :laugh: ). I have a Polar F6 and I love it, it's a good investment for exercising.

I second this! I love my Polar F6 too! :smile: