Spaghetti Squash Innards?

Options
I'm just making some "spaghetti squash spaghetti" for the first time, and I don't know what to do with the innards - throwing them out seems like such a waste.
I'm gonna roast the seeds, but what about the rest of the stuff?

Any suggestions??

Replies

• twilight1542
    Options
    The innards of spaghetti squash have a spaghetti-like shape & consistency which is where the name comes from. From what I've read, most people use the innards as a spaghetti substitute--it has a more al dente texture than cooked spaghetti but is healthier for those who are limiting their carb intake. I've seen quite a few threads w/recipes for it in the forums so you might try a forum search :)
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    when you cut the squash in half, you scoop out the seeds, turn squash upside in baking dish put a little
    water cover with saran and cook in micro till done (you will know that it is done when you can take a fork
    and scrape the flesh out of the shell and it looks like spaghetti. enjoy it is very good and healthy.:drinker:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Microwave time is about 8 minutes. Using it as spaghetti with turkey sausage is fantastic. Also, tossing with some olive oil, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese is good too!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    To clairfy the innards you are referring to is not the flesh of the squash that becomes spaghetti like when cooked but the goopy stuff that you scoop out with the seeds right?
    I think roasting the seeds is a great idea, but to be honest I have no idea what you could do with the rest. Purree it into a vegetable drink? :huh:
  • JRJRJR
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - yes i meant the mooshy stuff. I think I am going to fry it up or something with some veggies and tofu, see what happens!