I can see a difference...can you?

Options
zibbity
zibbity Posts: 126 Member
So I've been feeling pretty down lately, despite still being told everyday how I'm starting to look really good and to keep up the good work. I've been on a retched plateau for the past month, and I can't seem to shake it. Its caused me to miss my first mini goal and everything...:cry:

But then I took a look at a photo I took of myself at the beginning stages of my making Dalek costume (any Doctor Who fans out there?) back in May, and a photo taken of me just last weekend in the same dress (just completed) last weekend.

Before (at a little over 220 in May)
before.jpg

After (last weekend at 198)
dalek.jpg

I'm also wearing a petticoat under the dress in the last photo. The top one, no petticoat, just girth..haha.

I'm still not where I want to be. I've got a ways to go, but if my little bit of weight loss in the photos have re-motivated me a tad, I figured it maybe could help someone else too...or maybe bring all of my fellow convention nerds out of the wood work. :tongue:

Replies

• DanneLynne
    DanneLynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you look great.!!! great job.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference! You look gorgeous in the newest one, and what a GREAT costume! I've been in love with the Doctor since I was very small!

You can see a great difference just in your face alone! Look how well defined your jaw and your cheek bones are now! And your waist looks wonderful, your arms... all of you!

There is a big difference, you've worked hard, and you look fantastic!!!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    YES!!! Big difference! You are slimmer, and smaller, but you also just look ""better" in the second photo - healthier, happier maybe? Keep going! Who cares about the plateau, soldier on, and the weight will come off. Be honest with yourself, work hard, and you will reach your goal!

Cool dress btw!
    :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell! Especially in your face and your chest. You're looking seriously thinner. When I first began to lose, no one else could tell but me, and it took me losing about 30 pounds for anyone to notice. Keep it up girl, you look fab! And I love that 2nd dress...so unique!
  • zibbity
    Options
    There is a huge difference! You look gorgeous in the newest one, and what a GREAT costume! I've been in love with the Doctor since I was very small!

You can see a great difference just in your face alone! Look how well defined your jaw and your cheek bones are now! And your waist looks wonderful, your arms... all of you!

There is a big difference, you've worked hard, and you look fantastic!!!

Yay! I knew there had to be at least one other Whovian here!

Thanks everyone for the compliments so far! You guys are motivating me even more!
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    I can defiantly see it in your face girl! You're looking great, keep up the work!
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    you look amazing!! thanks for the motivation.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    holy crap!!!!! you look amazing!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! I think you look AWESOME!! What a DIFFERENCE! Keep up the great work. It's amazing the difference. You should feel VERY good about your accomplishments so far!

Susan
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look fantastic:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There is definetly a difference. Don't get discouraged. :flowerforyou:

The black dalek costume is great too. I like the old doctor stuff, haven't seen any of the new stuff. The dalek constumes we made in college were made of carboard and covered someones whole body. I love the dress idea.
  • TankLily
    Options
    Dr.. whooo.. hey dr. who...

LOL LOVE THE COSTUME.

Ya, I can see a difference. :) good work!
  • zibbity
    Options
    You guys are all seriously about to bring me to tears...gah I'm such a wuss. I was feeling so down about this plateau, but you guys are motivating me so much. I'm so grateful for this community and all of you! You've no idea!

And thanks for the costume compliments too! Lots of work (and money :noway: ) went in to that dalek dress...
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    fantastic job woman! thank you for sharing! you look amazing and that costume is AWESOME! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a big difference especially in your face and your waist. You're doing fantastic and you just look happier. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • laughingfox
    Options
    WOW! Definitely a difference! I agree with the others -- I can see a difference all over, but especially in your face. A really noticable change! I am jealous, and also inspired! :laugh: You look BEAUTIFUL, and your costume is awesome! I am not a Dr. Who fan (never been introduced!), but I am a costume maker, so, I can appreciate your beautiful work. :flowerforyou:
  • anthrochix
    Options
    you look fab!

exterminate! exterminate!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yeah baby.......... Girl looks HOT!!! :flowerforyou:
    And smiling too.......... wheeeee! :bigsmile: :love:

I used to watch old school Dr. Who! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    Don't know about these newer characters & costumes.

But you look great girl........ more definition in the waist & shoulders.
    Keep on going!!!!!!!! How about your other clothes?
    They must be looser too?????
  • aleanerme
    aleanerme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, too. Big difference. Good work.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! I agree with what everyone else has said, just keep plugging away!!!!

You are beautiful in both pictures, but you look so much happier in the 2nd one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!