Its so HOT I don't wanna eat

I'm a Mechanic who works in machine shop building engines etc. its currently 35C/95F and there is no air conditioning. So I honestly don't feel like eating lunch and I'm already past my lunch break, what would you do?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I know how you feel, I tend to eat less when it's really hot too.

I'm going to assume that your work is physically demanding, even if you're not hungry you should at least try to eat something light (get some protein) or you'll probably be dragging your but by the middle of the afternoon.

(It's 36C here in Ottawa and I've got a soccer game in a couple of hours.......)
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Me too~although I'm not working in a hot shop. We just don't have air in our house!

Anyway, I'm having a protein shake over lots of ice. I'm not hungry!
  • dawningrid
    dawningrid Posts: 7 Member
    Prepare and keep a smoothie in refrigerator and have it at lunch, it will be cold and help with the heat. Also cold cropped up fruits work really well too. :smile:
  • Yes..I'm in SC and our AC isn't the best...its boiling!! Drink lots and lots of water..eat cold stuff like fruit and salads. shakes are also a great idea!
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    I know how you feel, I tend to eat less when it's really hot too.

I'm going to assume that your work is physically demanding, even if you're not hungry you should at least try to eat something light (get some protein) or you'll probably be dragging your but by the middle of the afternoon.

(It's 36C here in Ottawa and I've got a soccer game in a couple of hours.......)

36... ouch ! I imagine it will get around there here in toronto shortly. If your playing soccer in this heat I have two words for you. Stay safe

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately there are no cold fruits in or anywhere near my shop lol. Do you guys still end up forcing yourself to eat?
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Another vote for smoothies. I'll be making my third of the day shortly.
  • emmab852012
    emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
    Id say a smoothie or a protein bar..Don't not eat... It is extremely hot today in Ontario if that is where you are located not eating and working in this heat can cause dizziness, headaches etc. Dont risk it