Saving a life and start to enjoy losing weight!!! who knew??

Options
First let me introduce myself, my name is Lizz I'm 24 from NJ but been living in NC for 2 years now. I'm a single mother to a 13 month old named Kaylah. I have 2 part-time jobs and Go to school full time at night. Needless to say during and after the pregnancy I packed on the pounds. I always wanted to lose it but never had any ambition and would always make excuses that if I had money or a sitter I would go to the gym along with many other excuses.

I recently rescued a dog the day before he was to be euthanized. This changed everything for me. I already owned 2 chihuahua's but they were content with running around the backyard for 10 min and then sleeping all day. When I rescued Capone I realized this was not the case with him. He was 28lbs severly malnurished and only 5 months old. I don't live in the greatest neighborhood (it's all I can afford right now) so walking around my house is out of the question. I knew he was going to have to be excercised though so he wouldn't tear up my house. After searching on the internet I found a really great park about 15 min away. It has a road circling the lake that's almost 2 miles long and portions of it are up and downhill. There's a HUGE off leash dog park at one end and a wonderful play ground at the other.

I pack up Kaylah and Capone, depending on the time we leave I pack a lunch for us. I walk around the lake 2 times and recently have found myself being able to pick up the pace a bit. We stop by the dog park for a while and let Capone have his fun. I've met ton's of great people there and it's great to just get out and socialize. Then we head to the other side of the lake and stop at one of the pavillions to eat lunch. Then I take my daughter to the playground and let her wear herself out. Then take the walk back to the car. All in all, it equals up to about 14,000 steps and almost 7 miles in walking.

The greatest thing is I enjoy this!!! I don't mind excercising. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I find my self cursing the days where I am not able to go to the park due to work or the weather. My daughter enjoys it and so does Capone, not to mention I've gotten a nice tan too!

For people who are looking for some motivation, try something out of the ordinary. If you are able to open your home to a dog, adopt one from a shelter or rescue group. You'll be saving a life and you'll never know they may save yours as well.

Since I've been excersizing I've lost 7 lbs but feel like I've lost more. I have energy and I just feel better. I don't plan on quitting and I actually don't feel like I'm excersizing at all, I'm just taking my dog and daughter to the park.

Good luck to you all and hope this helps someone. Sorry it's so long!!

Lizz