Can't reach Cal Goal

Options
I'm 5'3" and 117. I eat. I eat alottttt. but I never ever reach my calorie goal. Even on the days where I don't exercise. I try to eat nuts and healthy snacks like that but I still can't ever reach the 1200 calorie goal. I think I'm putting my body into starvation mode because I only gain weight. I am definitly not trying to slow my intake of food. I can't figure out why I never reach the goal.

Help?

Replies

• NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    50g of peanuts or almonds is 330 calories. You shouldn't have any trouble hitting 1200 if you're eating nuts.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode does not happen unless you have almost no body fat. Please do not perpetuate that myth anymore then what is already going around.

2 oz of almost any nut is over 300 calories and not even a handful. Peanut Butter is high calorie as is avocado and cheese. A few swaps in your diet and you will likely get to 1200. And if you can't meet it then you are likely not eating the right foods. If you protein is too low you will lose muscle which then will slow your metabolism (that is not starvation mode). Make sure you are getting protein from meat or vegetarian options or you will not do yourself any favors in the long run.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    hot fudge sundae:happy:

Seriously -
    eat bigger portions like the other poster just pointed out 50g of peanuts is 330 calories!
    Olive Oil pack with calories - one tablespoon in a salad is 119 calories
    Do NOT opt for low calorie low fat foods...eat the real deal
    Cheese...lots of calories
    avocados
    protein shakes make with whole milk, bananas, hell throw a scoop of ice cream in there

Seriously Just eat. At 117lbs already a healthy weight and with a goal of 110...one starts to wonder.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options

Seriously -
    eat bigger portions like the other poster just pointed out 50g of peanuts is 330 calories!
    avocados
    protein shakes make with whole milk, bananas, hell throw a scoop of ice cream in there

Seriously Just eat. At 117lbs already a healthy weight and with a goal of 110...one starts to wonder.

Yup I'm 5'2(shorter) and 120lbs and this kind of post annoys the piss outta me. 800 cals is a nice steak, add a potato 100+ cals and 2 cups of brocolli 60 cals that's one meal for me and it's 960 cals. I could eat 1200 in my sleep, j/s
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Seriously -
    avocados

i love everything about this post ^^