Replies

• cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    That's what I was just thinking.
  • bethross1
    bethross1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The crushed frozen strawberries, lemon juice, and agave ice cubes sound wonderful!
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use no added sugar diluted squash- it still has a few calories, but the mains water in my building is off-putting on its own. It encourages me to drink more water so I'm happy to do that.
  • Tonilduke
    Tonilduke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, limes. Have you tried the lo-calorie drink mixes that you add to a bottle of water? Are those the ones you're saying are "acidic"?
  • lroberts5
    lroberts5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint. I make up my cup every morning and keep refilling it all day long. So refreshing.
  • akylios
    akylios Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I freeze my water and then add whiskey to it.

Awesome post
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've recently fallen in love with this new product "mio". I recommend it. As for your issue with acids, I've frozen strawberry slices in ice cubes but even they have a citric acid in them. Blueberries don't however. I also recommend green tea which has no citric acid and can be chilled and sweetened with Splenda or honey
    Good luck!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Fresh Raspberries
    Fresh Mint Leaves
    Fresh Lemon and Basil Leaves - provides a nice balance and much easier to handle on the stomach
    Fresh Lemon and Sage Leaves - same as the basil leaves
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    electrolyte tablets....you get more electrolytes that way then with gatorade, and you arent drinking extra calories.
  • heatherreif
    heatherreif Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use half of a crystal light packet or frozen fruit :) Good luck!!!
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
    True Lemon, True Lime, cranberry juice and fizzy water
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Water should taste like water. I don't understand not liking water. It's like not liking air. ???
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Water should taste like water. I don't understand not liking water. It's like not liking air. ???

Except it's not, at all. Air doesn't touch your taste buds and breathing is something we do automatically without any input. Eating or drinking is something that we have to do ourselves and not everyone's taste buds are the same.

Also, it's very possible to dislike air. Your body likes oxygen, yes, but as someone who has had to use a bathroom after my boyfriend just dropped a giant bomb, I can tell you it's very possible to like one kind of air more than the other.

Using your logic, breathing the air next to a sewage plant is just as pleasant as breathing the air next to a field of flowers. It's just oxygen in the end, right?

Edit: giant thank you to the person who suggested searching natural vitamin water! I am on my phone so it's a pain to go back and look, but I finally checked it out and that looks SO GOOD! I will definitely be trying that!
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We have been experimenting with infused waters - so far my favorites are lemon-basil and cucumber-mint. We tried using lime but it tends to add a bitter note unless we use very little
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    key limes. and maybe a bit of mint.
    a strawberry and a lemon slice
  • oberpfalz
    oberpfalz Posts: 13
    Options
    I recently discovered that fresh basil leaves and lemon are good in a pitcher of icecold water. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours. It's the best lately.
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always keep home brewed iced, unsweetened green tea in the fridge- I mix my water 3 parts water with 1 part green tea :). Delish!

I also just drink straight water though. I drink about a gallon a day. I LOVE hydration :).
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did those cal free squirty flavor thingys and found despite everything else being the same, I either gained or stopped losing while I was drinking them. I stopped at that point. Might be all in my brain, but hey, no harm no foul.
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    Cucumber slices really are great in water or club soda. For a cocktail, try them in diet tonic and New Amsterdam Gin. I had it at a party recently and it's my new favorite.:happy:
  • joycedipoce
    joycedipoce Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mio - it's new and comes in different flavours and has no nasty aspartame!!