Did someone say BACON??

Options
AllTehBeers
AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
California burger chain Slater's 50/50 may be bringing home the bacon, now that its menu features a burger made of 100 percent ground bacon.

Whole article and picture here:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/restaurant-unveils-100-ground-bacon-burger-165709684.html

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I love bacon as much as the next girl, but that's taking it a little far. Yuck.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    That looks pretty gross.....why must there always be extremists?
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You rang?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    That looks pretty gross.....why must there always be extremists?

Because if there wasn't, normal wouldn't look so normal.

two eggs, three bacons please.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm
    I'm wondering how they keep it together,though. Nasty chemicals and fillers, I imagine. :frown:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm
    I'm wondering how they keep it together,though. Nasty chemicals and fillers, I imagine. :frown:

eww that just takes out any potential fantasy action.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I would ABSOLUTELY eat that. At least once. Maybe never again. But at least once!
    ETA: Also, I wish there was a smiley eating a piece of bacon. Life would be complete.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Looove me some bacon, but that burger looked blurk!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm
    Why would you assume nasty chemicals? Do you need nasty chemicals when you take ground beef and form a burger? This is no different, just grinding a different cut of meat.

It's not really any different than making a ground pork burger, or a ground turkey burger, or the split pea/onion/mushroom burger I made tonight.
  • tigersword
    Options
    I would ABSOLUTELY eat that. At least once. Maybe never again. But at least once!
    ETA: Also, I wish there was a smiley eating a piece of bacon. Life would be complete.
    BaconDance.gif
    th_bacon.gif

How's this?
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    BaconDance.gif
    th_bacon.gif

How's this?
    Fantastic! Thanks (=
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sounded good until I looked at the picture. Doesn't look very appetizing, but you should try everything once. Will probably most definitely need an antacid lol
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    This is going on my list of things to eat when I get my braces off. #7
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    BaconDance.gif
    th_bacon.gif

How's this?

love it!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Sounded good until I looked at the picture. Doesn't look very appetizing, but you should try everything once. Will probably most definitely need an antacid lol

Eh. I think this falls into my category of, "try everything once, well... except that."
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    oh sorry got to day dreaming after the pic and thinking about my love for bacon!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm
    Why would you assume nasty chemicals? Do you need nasty chemicals when you take ground beef and form a burger? This is no different, just grinding a different cut of meat.

It's not really any different than making a ground pork burger, or a ground turkey burger, or the split pea/onion/mushroom burger I made tonight.

Most things that are processed for fast food has synthetic flavour and preservatives in it. They do not do good things to my system. I'm assuming the producers of this product aren't all that concerned about the healthiness of the burger. :tongue:
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    BaconDance.gif
    th_bacon.gif

How's this?
    Fantastic! Thanks (=

Ermagod dancing Baycon!!
  • tigersword
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm

Most things that are processed for fast food has synthetic flavour and preservatives in it. They do not do good things to my system. I'm assuming the producers of this product aren't all that concerned about the healthiness of the burger. :tongue:

Slater's 50/50 isn't fast food. It's a sports bar.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I prefer my bacon in strips piled on top of burgers.