Any success stories that involved not eating healthy?

Options
orishp
orishp Posts: 214 Member
Just curious, as all the success stories i have read involve eating healthier non processed meals and exercising, which is often what i have heard that works and it is what I am doing right now.
It seems like i finally got it, finally i found a way to "diet" and exercise at the same time.
Diets i have done in the past often left me too week to exercize (which i used as an excuse) or i would just start exercising without modifying my eating habits.

The way i see it, there is no easy way out, you just have to stick with it , work hard, eat responsibly and results will come.

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nobody??? Really????
    I guess this proves my point!
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    technically you can eat 1200 cals worth of junk food/chocolates/doughnuts/etc per day and still lose weight. with that said, will you be healthy? nope. will you be skinny with health problems due to the fact that ur food has no nutritional value? yep.
    enough said... lol
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've incorporated healthier foods in my diet. But, I still eat the other things I love, just not as much. Moderation!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I also eat healthier but not "clean" I allow frozen yogurt, dark chocolate, macaron cookies, etc as long as they are in my calorie total. I do not exercise because I am disabled. Even walking two blocks is a real feat. I have lost 32 pounds so far.No magic but tracking is the key.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I can swim a mile without stopping. I'm 61 and it took me months. That is success for me.
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not done, but lean cuisines and lots of fruit are convenient for me. and Chobani. I dislike meat, so it helps get the protein in. I have an insane schedule. Just drink a looooooooot of water to combat the sodium. Oh, and become friends with a crock pot. Cheap and low effort! Hope that helps some.
  • asknancy
    asknancy Posts: 8
    Options
    I think your thought of eating right and exercise is truly all it is. I think myfitnesspal has taught me that calories in, calories is simple and true. You are doing well. Hang in there
  • chadbrandom
    Options
    Depends on your definition of success I suppose. I'm new here but not new to body transformation. I was an average guy at 18% body fat and 180 lbs. I lost 30 pounds and cut my body fat in half while I was in college all through proper diet. Different metabolisms will vary from person to person. Some people can look at an exercise machine and practically begin to lose weight. Some people can eat dirty while lifting weights and pack on solid muscle. Most of us can not. I took a few nutrition and exercise science classes while in college. In my personal experience, 80% of the determining factor of my body composition is decided by diet alone. I used to work out 6 days a week and still hovered around 179 lbs. Once I fine tuned my diet, the pounds starting melting off. I even took a 6-month break from exercising, maintained my clean eating habits and didn't gain a pound. You *could* theoretically exercise 4 hours a day, and not eat healthy and still have some sort of "success." But it's so much easier to just eat clean.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    the closest i can come to that is when i was a competitive irish dancer, i burned so many calories i could eat just about anything. but i found my energy was lacking to really have the competitive edge so i mostly ate healthy even then, just much more calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!