Am I the only one who got fat from my highschool?

Options
Ugghh I dread running into people I went to school with. I gained 78 lbs after highschool! Holy cow!! Literally. I've lost 20 lbs but when I look in the mirror I'm disgusted. I need to move away where noone ever knew I used to be skinny. I'm eating right & exercising for 15 weeks now. How long will it take to lose 50 lbs???? Feeling sad....

Replies

• DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    You can do it!! It takes time to get it off the right way so that it lasts... if you lose a pound a week (usually recommended as a healthy weight) you have about a year to go. But along the way you'll be glad you started NOW as you start seeing results! =)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one that got fat after highschool. I was never a skinny girl. I am almost back to the size I was in high school, and my goal is to be smaller. I have run into lots of skinny girls that aren't so skinny anymore. Don't worry about it. Just know that you can get back there!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    My goal is also to be smaller than when I was in high school. =) This happens to a lot of people, like tpittlsey said.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    For my 20th reunion, I lost a LOT of weight...I looked great!

Didnt last, though. But this time it will, although I dont plan on attending any more reunions. This year will be the 40th!
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Most of the skinny popular girls in my high school gained weight, some a little some a lot, I take a little pleasure in this as they made my life hell for 6 years because I was fat!
  • AimeeBaumgartner
    AimeeBaumgartner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was never mean to anyone about their weight, but I did this to myself. This is so hard! I appreciate all of the encouragement!:smile: