anybody know of

Options
mishzeidan
mishzeidan Posts: 20 Member
a recipe thats healthy and good using ground beef. i have some thawing out at home but dont know what to make it with

Replies

• ldbenincasa
    Options
    Mmmm...Chili! Of course, depending on your weather, if may not be a chili kind of day. I always throw random stuff into my chili. I made it this weekend and added a little cinnamon and a sweet potato. It was good!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking! I've seen some good chili recipes on the recipes board so check those out!... You could also make healthy tacos, whole wheat tortilla, black beans, lettuce, tomato, salsa, avocado, ect.... I just made myself crave tacos lol

~Leash :heart:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I don't have very many recipes post yet but take a look at my cabbage buffolo soup and my omnivorous burger http://foodforpleasure.blogspot.com/ They are DELICIOUS!
  • erinbabson
    Options
    I do a great "super nacho" -

layer fat free beans (refried or black bean) on a pizza sheet, browned meat, onion (if you want), and fat free or light cheese. Broil it for 5 minutes.

Cover it with lettuce, tomato, black olive, peppers, etc.

Serve with salsa, fat free (mix lightly with taco seasoning for better taste!), and either the light tostidos or baked chips. You can eat so much of it for not many calories!

Enjoy!
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Tacos with healthy lettuce/tomatoes?
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hamburger Soup!

brown the meat and drain off the fat, then add veggies (peeled & dices potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, peas, frozen veggie mix, whatever...) and water/beef boullion or beef broth. Add a small can of tomatoes if you like that flavour, you could add some V8 is you have it handy. Seasonings, just salt & pepper would do the trick. Some chili flakes if you like heat...

Super easy and easy to throw together with whatever you have on hand, and whatever flavours you prefer.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Peppers
  • mishzeidan
    mishzeidan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm they all sound great. thanks everybody