Healthy Me

My name is Kayla. I am a mother of 3 boys and have a wonderful husband. I have spent the past 13 years sabotaging myself.
I have always been a closet eater. I used to eat at night when my family was asleep. I would eat dry fruit loops while I studied. I would eat a dozen donuts at Sunday School just to do it. I would eat extra trays of lunch. I had horrible eating habits. I was a size 5-7 when I graduated high school because I was sooo active.
After I met my husband and got married I just stopped caring. I just let myself go. I have tried to do different diets and just give up. I gained weight after each of my pregnancies and never lost it. I gained extra weight to have gastric bypass surgery but ended up not getting the surgery. Thankfully my husband loves me anyway. He is not a big person. I am embarrassed to be out in public with him. He deserves to be proud of his wife. I want to have relations but my weight gets in the way and I feel horrible and uncomfortable.
So here I am. I am 100 pounds overweight, horrible eating habits, hate vegetables, no exercise, and setting my kids up to follow in my footsteps. I have no health problems except high cholesterol.
My goal in starting this is to get healthy, to make myself, my boys and my husband proud of me. I am going to do it.

Replies

• DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    You can do it!!! You've already made the first baby step: admitting that now is the time! =) Now you have to make it happen, and if you take a look at all the success stories around here, you'll see that you can make it happen.

I love the calorie counter here and the community is very inspiring. Make sure you get some real life buddies to exercise with you & keep you accountable too (it's too easy to neglect the virtual community here), and find an exercise that you really enjoy! I hate running, but I like jogging stairs and bike riding. So find what you like. =) There's a plan for everyone.