Mcdonalds to be only food choice at Olympics

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
McDonalds, the largest sponsor of the Olympics, will be the only food choice available once you are inside the Olympic complex.

Doesnt seem right but they paid for that right.

I guess what is troubling is that they felt the need to be the only food choice and they were able to buy that right.

Replies

• monica4354
    monica4354 Posts: 22
    Options
    So eat before you go in? It's not like stadium food is known for being super healthy. The North Greenwich Arena where some events will be held is filled with restaurants. Some of them have some great healthy choices.

According to this link: http://www.london2012.com/about-us/sustainability/food-vision/ there will be several food choices available. I didn't see any mention of McDonalds.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    According to this link: http://www.london2012.com/about-us/sustainability/food-vision/ there will be several food choices available. I didn't see any mention of McDonalds.

wow...just saw it on CNN, they said McD's was the oly food available.....can the news be lying?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    you probably heard wrong. they may have been saying something like the only food company to sponsor it or something.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    MSM not reporting the truth. Shocker.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    after a quick check this is what they are saying

"A few weeks ago, we reported that McDonalds will be the only branded food available at the 2012 London Olympics."

so there is other food..but not other companies like KFC, Burger King etc..
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    mcdonald's is the only 'branded food' allowed in there. so, I think, that just means other fast food and chain options aren't allowed. but what's the big deal? this is no different than either pepsi or coke buying the rights to be the only drink company offered at a stadium.

40 percent of the games' revenue comes from advertising -- and mcdonald's is one of the largest contributors to that pot. have been since the mid 70s. coke, actually, is the longest-running sponsor, I believe.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Somebody needs to pay for all that, so McD ponied up.
    The drones in attendance will eat that poison or sneak in their own.
    We all know that 99% just don't care.
    So be it.
    ON WITH THE SHOW!:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    seemed the way CNN reported it that it was a horrible thing and some in Europe were trying to ban Mcd's and coca cola because the supreme atheletic contest shouldnt be represented by what they called "junk food"
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    seemed the way CNN reported it that it was a horrible thing and some in Europe were trying to ban Mcd's and coca cola because the supreme atheletic contest shouldnt be represented by what they called "junk food"
    Let those crybabies come up with the money...lol
    Anyway, people like that are a bunch of zeros with no life.
    Best to ignore them and their endless sniveling.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    The IOC's main concern is money. if they limited it to more appropriate sponsors there would be less money involved leading to smaller bribes for them when choosing a host country. :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    yet they banned ambien at the olympics because its too dangerous for athletes to take workout supplements with caffeine and then a downer later on. lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    The IOC's main concern is money. if they limited it to more appropriate sponsors there would be less money involved leading to smaller bribes for them when choosing a host country. :)

I see what you did there lol