running

Options
2»

Replies

• jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    An all out put a fork in me I'm done single mile about 7 minutes. I can sustain 8:45 min/mile in a half marathon.
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1 mile = 8 minutes
    3 miles = around 25 minutes

but it cause i have really big feet!!!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    About 9:30, and I am so thrilled! Because 3 months ago I couldn't run a mile straight.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can do one mile in about 8 min but usually I run 3-4 miles and avg about 10 min each. I keep trying to catch my son he runs a 5k in a little over 17 min I think I'll need my truck to catch him! Hahaaa
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    I've been doing to c25k for about 8 weeks and am running about 10.5 min. miles. I'd like to run a 5k...but I'm curious how to make better time? Maybe that's an alright time for someone who's never run before :)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've gotten under 7 minutes a couple of times in my life, most recently about 2 years ago. In my most recent street race I averaged 8:00 per mile. I would love to break 6 minutes some day.
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Best mile: 7:58
    Best 5k: 30:31

I wish I knew how to get faster but I am just stuck at that that pace!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Around 12 minutes here. I just did couch to 5k too, so I'm a newbie.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So I've never gone out and ran a flat out mile... are these "best mile" paces from a single mile or best one of a longer run? Just curious... I guessed mine at 8:30 but that's about my 5k race pace.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I did one mile in 7:24. My best average pace over 5k is about 8:15. I'm working on breaking a 25 minute 5K.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I average 9 minute miles.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I did one mile in 7:24. My best average pace over 5k is about 8:15. I'm working on breaking a 25 minute 5K.

I want to break 25 mins too. I did just under 28 the other day on a training run... never raced a 5k tho. I think I might race one by the end of the summer. I have a half marathon in August and I'm considering the Super Spartan in September. Might hit up a 5k to close out the race season.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    The one time I tried jogging a mile I did it 20 minutes :blushing: I need to work on it. I'm horrible at running. Any tips on how I can improve my endurance?

im a horrible runner as well. i lowered my speed so i can succeed longer in intervals. few minutes gradually going up...im not as advanced as some of these ppl and their times but i am down to 14minutes 11seconds.
    As one of your peeps I have gradually seen how hard you have worked to even get wher you are right now. Very proud of you for going out of your comfort zone. Congrats for all your hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i recently ran a 5k in 26:58, so 8:40 min/mile pace.

but that was after swimming a half mile, and biking 12 miles as a warm up :-D
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tried to run yesterday for the first time in 13 years. At that time I broke and shattered by ankle. I walked on the treadmill and did 1 minute jogs during the time. I was able to do it 5 times. I know that does not sound like much but believe me it is huge. The best part was that I did not hurt this morning and did a few more times today. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk a mile, my body does not seem to want to move faster but that will come.

My goal is I would love to be able to run with my 13 year old twins. Yes they were six months old when I had the accident. They are very active and fast runner. Hopefully by next summer, I will be able to run a mile with them.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    1 mile: 6:40 pace
    6 miles: 8:15 pace
    9 miles: 8:30 pace
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    my fastest mile is 9 mins 16 seconds..i am not a fast runner. i start slow and try finish strong. I aim for my first mile to be around 2-3 min.mile slower than my last one.
  • Cortbear80
    Cortbear80 Posts: 23
    Options
    I did a 5 k last week in 42 minutes so I guess my average for a mile would be 14 minutes but I walked some of it...I'm doing another 5 k this tues and I'm hoping to lower my time alot...
    As long as your trying, that is what matters most :)
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Always room for improvement- ran my first half (very hilly!) over 12 min pace...poorly trained- all I did was run. 2nd half (after some sessions with a trainer and weight lifting) 6 months later and on a flatter course at 10:30 pace. That was just over a year ago and now I'm shooting for an under 2 hour half (about 9 min pace). But I do weekly speed/tempo runs and for a flat out mile interval I'm getting closer to 8 min. I'm short just 5'4" so no long stride advantage. Some of us were probably never meant to be 6 or 7 min pacers but you never know unless you try. Any running is great at any pace- it's so good for your heart, lungs and I swear all that sweating will make your skin glow and look younger!
  • Cortbear80
    Cortbear80 Posts: 23
    Options
    I did a 5 k last week in 42 minutes so I guess my average for a mile would be 14 minutes but I walked some of it...I'm doing another 5 k this tues and I'm hoping to lower my time alot...
    As long as your trying, that is what matters most :)

Forgot to mention that was my first 5k in 11 years..I used to be in the army and ran every day because I had to. My best time ever was a 17 minutes two mile so about 8 minutes and 5 seconds but I was 11 years younger too...We shall see how tuesdays' 5k goes. I am really wanting to drop my times by at least 5 minutes this time :)