Every scale I get on tells me a different weight

Options
We have three scales at our house, and I put them on a hard surface a weigh myself on them in the morning right when I wake up. They all tell me a different weight and they are all 5-10 lbs different. Not sure which one I should use!!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Just pick one. The point is to get smaller, not to be some magic number.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and only use that one. That way you can record the amount you are losing correctly.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Grab something you know the weight of... a weight plate, see if one of them measures that accurately. But pick one scale and run with it, they're all calibrated a bit different, they're also marked not legal for trade because of the variations, getting a "truly" accurate scale costs big bucks but if you take one and use it, if it says you've lost 10 lbs from when you started then by it you've lost the 10 lbs.
  • mandrox1
    mandrox1 Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree that you need to just pick one. But if I were you, I would go to a doctor's office or a gym an use the slide scale to get my most accurate weight, and then pick the one that is closest to that.

But I do have OCD :P
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i have 2 scales in my house . one digital one manual. i chose the manual cuz i can see it is set on zero and not anything else. they both read different by 5lbs
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will try that..
  • fredgunnerson
    fredgunnerson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to treat my scale like a slot machine in Las Vegas. You just keep pushing the button until you get a winner!
  • annieb49
    annieb49 Posts: 4
    Options
    Doctors offices are notorious for the inaccuracies of their scales. Go to a gym, because most people who work out are obsessive about weight loss or gain, and they will be much more accurate.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've found that the diital sclaes are best especially those that weigh to 0.1 lb. At my gym there is a spring scale that weighs 10-12 lbs less. My friend has a scale that weighs about 3 lbs less and different every time you step on it. I found one that weighs the same as my doctor , which is what I use (Weight Watchers brand)
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Scales are EVIL! They can be such dirty liars! :smile:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Put a plank of wood across all three scales...stand on the plank and the take the average of all 3.....minus the weight of the wood of course................

Or just pick one and use that.