Cereal

Options
What is the cereal you miss the most that you either can't find in the store anymore or you gave up because of nutrition?

I miss marshmallow alpha-bits, oreo o's, and the nature valley honey & oat cereal. I miss the nature valley cereal the most. I don't know whether they stopped making it or my area stores just stopped carrying it.

Also, what is the cereal you recommend the most if somebody wants cereal but still wants to make a healthier choice? I like the fiber one cereals, peanut butter multi-grain cheerio's, and regular cheerio's.

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten the healthy cereals mostly, but when I was a kid I remember loving Berry Berry Kix. Do they still make that?

My current favorite cereals are Nature's Path Optimum Power and Quaker Oatmeal Squares.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    When I was ignorant and blissful, I loved Reeses Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I don't know if they still make that or not. I like the oatmeal squares too. I forgot about that cereal.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I miss eating Fruit Loops as a snack... but I could eat a whole box. Trigger food for me, so moderation is out. I just don't buy it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I miss Frankenberry, which is only available around Halloween and not at all good for me!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I love fruit loops!!! I love lucky charms and cinnamon toast crunch too. Don't get them very often, usually only about once a year. And the hubby helps me eat them, so they don't last very long.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I loved Quix cereal. You can still buy it, but you have to special order it. I have done it as a treat for myself.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a cereal fiend. I seriously love cereal and used to eat it all the time. Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms....I miss them all so much!

If I do eat cereal now it's either Cheerios (cinnamon or regular), Crispy Rice (Yay for store brands!) and Kix (because I adore them and can't give up everything I adore).
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I miss eating Fruit Loops as a snack... but I could eat a whole box. Trigger food for me, so moderation is out. I just don't buy it.

I used to take Fruit Loops and dip them in peanut butter and have that as a snack. True story.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.
    I simply love this cereal. Not the worst cereal ever, but due to developing a gluten intolerance I discovered a few years ago, we are no longer a match. Goodbye forever delicious goodness.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I used to be OBSESSED with Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!! Now it just doesn't taste the same, way too sugary.

I love Weetabix as a pretty healthy alternative, has a good amount of protein and fiber, and you can do a zillion things with it.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    golden grahams :(
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love cereal and I've become a cereal mixer. I'll mix some Captain Crunch with Bran Flakes or CoCo Crispies with Go Lean Crunch. I'll try to mix a healthy cereal with one of the sugar filled ones. It's not a perfect solution but it works for me. (not sure of how to spell any of the cereals tho)
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    or just crushed up oreos that i would put in a bowl with milk ... the most amazing "cereal" ever lol
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    When I was ignorant and blissful, I loved Reeses Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

AGREEE!! LOVED THOSE PUFFS! OH And honey smacks with the frog... i think they stopped because of the sugar?? :sad:
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I miss Frankenberry, which is only available around Halloween and not at all good for me!

I like the Boo Berry! I always have to buy a box! I also like Corn Pops but haven't had them in forever. I usually eat either Frosted Mini Wheats or Honey Bunches of Oats.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Never gave it up..... Polished off a bowl of Reese's Puffs (2 cups) with Krave Double Chocolate (1 cup) cereal with some 1% Milk this morning for Breakfast... and Will Be having some again in the morning...... Hasn't stopped me from losing a few pounds..... :drinker:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I miss granola. I could eat the whole book so I had to stop buying. I just tried Krave chocolate. Not bad. My fave is quaker oatmeal squares
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch (which I am told I pronounced Crap n Crunch when I was little), and I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Frankenberries :(