Anybody following Choose to Lose? In their 50's?

Options
I'm following Choose to Lose by Chis Powell, trainer on Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition. Started on Monday. Found MVP because it was mentioned on his website and love it. Easiest program i have found to track food which I normally can't keep doing because it ends up taking too much time.

I'd be interested in connecting with folks that are doing the same program or that are in their 50's or older. It seems so much harder to lose weight now - I'm 55. I've been going to the gym about 3 times a week doing 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on the weight machines since December and haven't really lost any weight. I do feel much better. I even had enough confidence to go ParaGliding and Stand Up Paddle Boarding so I know the working out is paying off in some way but it's so frustrating to not have lost at least 5 lbs.

The other thing I'd really like is tips on planning and preparing food when you work full time. I think I over think it and make it too complicated. It seems like every time I really get serious about a diet plan, I end up spending most of my time planning and preparing the food...everything else gets ignored including cleaning my house...anybody relate?