what are the lowest calorie snacks/foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• icarus
    icarus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vegetables don't sound appetizing but you'd be surprised. I've found that baby carrots are great to snack on whenever I'm hungry between meals. That and red peppers. The egg white thing also sounds like a great idea.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    that does help. i am allowed 1230 cal/day. so thinking i can have 300 cal/meal really helps. what gets me is i usually have this smoothie for breakfast that is 500 calories. but i think i can lessen that.
    i also burn at least 500 calories a day. what i dont completly understand is i always eat more that i am allowed. i always burn but i guess i wont know until i start losing how this thing really works. this is only my second day on this website.

Smoothies are easy! 1 cup of light Yoplait yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and 1-2 cups of sugar free lemonade. It's delicious and only 200 cal! There ya go. You just earned 300 for dinner!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs are nice, low-cal sources of protein, too!

(I added an "Elevensies" section to my foods. I always eat a mini-meal mid-morning!)
  • karilynn
    Options
    this is what i do for my chocolate craving...spread 1 tbsp of nutella on a whole wheat tortilla, add some sliced banana, and you have a delicous wrap..and a dessert. Nutella is 100 cal per tbsp, 6 g of fat, 11 g carbs. I only have it maybe once a week..but it really satisfies my chocolate fits!! enjoy!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    oooooo....that 500 calorie smoothie is a killer! I pretty much stick w/ 200-300 cals each for breakfast, 300-400 for lunch, 100 cals for an afternoon snack, 500-600 for dinner, and then allow myself an evening snack with any "leftover" calories. My breakfast is usually 1 packet of flavored instant oatmeal (170 cals) and a piece of fruit, for example.

Low calorie foods that have been staples for me for the past 5 months (without resorting to too many artificial sweeteners) are:

raspberries
    strawberries
    blueberries
    clementine tangerines (35-40 cals each)
    flavored rice cakes
    100 snack packs of all types
    Laughing Cow cheese spread (35 cals per wedge), spread on celery (5 cals per stalk)
    raw green peppers (15 cals for a half of a pepper!)
    Yoplait flavored yogurt (170 cals each)
    90 cal granola bars
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pickles are the lowest I've found. 1 cup = 26 calories. I keep one of those huge gallon jugs of the giant pickles around.
  • stizzef
    Options
    Oh and another awesome low cal snack that i've been eating a lot of lately is Light/Low Calorie Jello. I make one box and pour it into two margarita glasses, then put in the fridge to set. Each glass is only 20 calories, looks like a fancy dessert in the glass, and its J-E-L-L-O! I like cherry flavor the best, it tastes more like the real thing than the strawberry stuff.
  • ladylaycee
    Options
    if your looking for something sweet to snack on get the 100 c:happy: alorie packs
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    here are some things i eat a lot

strawberries with splenda

100 calorie oreo bars

carrots with mustard
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    One of my new fav things are the 100 Cal Pack Cookie Bites. Both the Oreo and Chips Ahoy ones are sooooooooooooooo good!

I also love the 60 calorie sugar free Jello Pudding cups.

Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa: I have two packets to make a big mug for 50 calories (very filling)

Strawberries are always great or any other berry

Carrots with Hummus

Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Rice Crisps - 38 of them for 120 calories.