Strength Training Challenge

Options
IS THEIR ANYBODY OUT THEIR THATS INTERESTING IN WEIGHT LIFTING AND BUILDING MUSCLES BESIDES CARDIO ALL THE TIME UGH TRUE ENOUGH I WANTED TO LOOSE WEIGHT BUT I WANT TO BE MUSCULAR MORE THAN ANYTHING NOT JUST TO SAY OH IM SMALL NOW:grumble: :sad: WHEN I GET TO MY GOAL I WANNA BE ABLE TO FLEX MUSCLES NOT BONES:sad: :sad: LETS START A CHALLENGE PLEASE ANYONE WITH ME:laugh: :happy:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well shoot, I'd be silly not to sign up with you! Tomorrow is a lifting day for me, Hamstrings/Back/Biceps (also known as a Pull day because it's all pulling movements). We'll have to see what I can do with this dumb broken finger. :tongue:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    ok right now I have dumbells set 3 and 5lbs not heavy enough but until my weights come in the mail it will do I have a set of resistance tubes to:happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    ok right now I have dumbells set 3 and 5lbs not heavy enough but until my weights come in the mail it will do I have a set of resistance tubes to:happy:

Oh, those are great! ask.com has some cool band workouts i've done in the past. Bands offer resistance in all planes of motion so they leave you surprisingly sore.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Ask.com okay the challenge is on well is just me and you which is cool...I will post in here to let you know what ve complete and how long thanks alot buddy your awesome:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Can I do it too?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Sounds great Shanta!

Satellite, the more the merrier! :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Shanta!

Satellite, the more the merrier! :drinker:

Well, yay!

This is perfect...trying to get more strength training in whenever I can. I'm currently training for a half marathon in a few weeks and it's hard to juggle the two.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll join too if no one has any objections. Strength training is my biggest problem. I keep meaning to start a routine, but I haven't managed to get properly motivated. I cannot start training till Thursday because I have a class tomorrow that is very strenuous. I don't want to do the class already sore because I will not be able to get as much from the class. Thursday will be my first strength training day as long as I am not too sore from my class. Wish me good luck. Below is the link to the routine I plan to begin. Supposedly it is one that Jessica Biel does. Give me your thoughts on this routine.

http://www.fitsugar.com/997613
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I'll join too if no one has any objections. Strength training is my biggest problem. I keep meaning to start a routine, but I haven't managed to get properly motivated. I cannot start training till Thursday because I have a class tomorrow that is very strenuous. I don't want to do the class already sore because I will not be able to get as much from the class. Thursday will be my first strength training day as long as I am not too sore from my class. Wish me good luck. Below is the link to the routine I plan to begin. Supposedly it is one that Jessica Biel does. Give me your thoughts on this routine.

http://www.fitsugar.com/997613

I wouldn't personally group the circuits like that, but it's still good for what it includes. Make sure that you're using a challenging weight. Just because it's 15 reps doesn't mean that you should use a 3 lb weight and just go through the motions. :wink:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join too!
    I started working out with a PT two times a week, then I go one day by myself. It's only been 2 weeks since I started but I already love it. :heart: I plan to focus more on strength training than cardio, at least for this semester.
    Today's session we did a lot of core work, and a variety of other things but I wonder will my stomach be sore in the morning! :laugh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shanta for the motivation and enthusiasm in starting the thread!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Thanks you guys is on now lets get the training:bigsmile: :bigsmile: