Thighs ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
I want my thighs to be a little thinner than they are now. I do lunges but that seems to just be toning things up not really making them much thinner.

Any suggestions especially for the inner thighs ?

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't care that the word "thigh" has 5 letters - it is the filthiest word in the English language! Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. The only thing you can do is lose weight over your entire body and tone up a bit. No matter how thin I get, most of my fat is stored You Know Where & there is very little that can be done about it. :angry:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's not possible to spot reduce, I'm afraid - the body doesn't work that way, and it's logically impossible to target fat in particular areas (your body doesn't know if it's burning fat from your thighs or your neck.... ).

You need to reduce bodyfat overall, and any lingering pockets of fat will eventually go.

That said, continue with your lunges as they will certainly improve the appearance of your thighs, over time. (Are you doing weighted lunges?)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I need to lose weight on my thighs! I hate the term thunder thighs!!
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Same as the above, I'm afraid. No matter how much I lose, my thighs remain forever jiggly!!

Just keep at it - as your weight goes down over all your thighs should eventually reduce (at least that's what I'm hoping, anyway!). Keep at your lunges, maybe do some squats as well. Pilates have some great exercises for the inner thighs, so maybe look up a class if you can?

Best of luck!
  • kristianpp
    kristianpp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Reduce overall body fat % by doing cardio and plyometric exercises and you will see results.
    lunges,verticle jumps,squad jacks etc.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats and Step Up's in addition to the lunges.

Plus keep eating at a deficit.. you'll see changes soon.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't care that the word "thigh" has 5 letters - it is the filthiest word in the English language! Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. The only thing you can do is lose weight over your entire body and tone up a bit. No matter how thin I get, most of my fat is stored You Know Where & there is very little that can be done about it. :angry:

^^^^This.

Also, I read somewhere that once a woman reaches 18% body fat or thereabouts, her thighs slim considerably.
  • tabbycat627
    Options

^ Totally agree hehe
    But I have seen people do wonders with toning their thighs through lunges, etc. so even though it may take a long time and a lot of repetition, I can promise you your thighs will at least look better if you keep up your exercise! :)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, you can't spot reduce. But POP Pilates (on youtube) has a great workout for legs, especially inner thighs, that hits muscles you might not work as often. Its called Inner Thigh Insanity. I've been doing it for a week now, and on my first day after, I felt my leg burning when I drove. I literally felt the muscle working as I hit the gas/stop pedal. Give that a try, its only 13 mins but I feel that it works some of the muscles that lunges might not hit.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was just going to reccomend pop pilaties to - OUCH! but in a good way. I can commiserate with the thigh hate but unfortunately it is just reducing overall body fat.