Joints have started clicking?

Options
I've always had clicky joints, especially my knees and elbows. However they only pop if I have been sat still for a good while - at my desk or driving etc.

Last week my shoulders and clavicle bone (! I think) started popping with press ups and shoulder presses.

Any ideas why this might be? It's making shoulder presses really hard as I feel like I am having to push through the bone crunching each time.

Not lifting anything amazing - been doing NRLFW.

Help?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Do you have arthritis at all?

Also, do you have any back problems?
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It could be a lot of things. Suggest you have the doc take a look. Every time I go to my Dr. With what I think is wrong and I tell him what I think he should do, he reminds me he went to medical school to do diagnosis. My job is to bring him what's wrong. :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Mine is due to arthritis.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Being that you are 100 years old...it's probably just old age finally catching up to you.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine is from old injuries and arthritis also.
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine have started clicking too, my elbow clicks when i'm walking which hurts my shoulder but i don't have arthritis or and old injury flaring up. It makes walking fast very uncomfortable! Maybe stretch more, i am doing that next time and i'll let you know if it helps...
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't have arthritis or any back injuries.

At least I hope I don't have arthritis... the shoulder and clavicle popping is recent (legs and elbows has been since I was a kid, it doesn't hurt).

Thanks for the replies!

PS I really am 100 though.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I don't have arthritis or any back injuries.

At least I hope I don't have arthritis... the shoulder and clavicle popping is recent (legs and elbows has been since I was a kid, it doesn't hurt).

Thanks for the replies!

PS I really am 100 though.

Are the muscles tight at all?

Sometimes when my back muscles get really tight they start to click, and will not stop until I get a massage. That is due to a muscular imbalance though, or so I thought...
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    My muscles don't hurt - can they still be tight?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    My muscles don't hurt - can they still be tight?

They can - mine don't hurt when they get tight but my whole back just feels very stiff.

But in saying this, I'm not a dr or physio but defs go see one :)
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    Docs it is then!

• Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Mine have done it since I was a little kid. Wrists, shoulders, knees, elbows - you name it, it clicks. I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis when I was 17 and told I would need knee replacements by the time I was 35 (regardless of my weight). When my doc told me last year that time is looming nearer, I broke down and cried. We discussed that my weight wasn't the *true* problem, but it certainly plays a major factor.. so that was one of the things that helped me motivate myself to start losing. My knees have improved greatly, but I still have days when I can barely move.