Question....kind of embarrassing..

abr25
abr25 Posts: 179
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
SInce I have been eating a lot of new foods such as lots more veggies and fruits, and especially BEANS, i've been getting a lot more gas :blushing:

ANyone else find this? Do any of you take anything for it or have any suggestions in relieiving it?

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    I know your pain! :blushing: :blushing:

I do not really do much I have these gas-x things and my hubby says they work really well. Maybe just try something like that or beano. Those things really do work for us.

HTH! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • :bigsmile:

Ya- this usually happens when people increase their veggie intake. It is due to the extra fiber. Give your body time to adjust and you should be back to 'normal' soon!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    I say, "Let 'er rip!" :laugh:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    i haven't tried it yet, and am going to for a different reason...but i have heard digestive enzymes before cooked meals can help since cooking takes the enzymes out of the food,

i will be taking these as i have read it can help with my colitis inflammation etc... :)
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    My gastroenterologist says this is only a sign that you're eating a healthy diet. If it bothers you, try Beano or something like that but I've never found it helpful. You could also increase your veggie intake more slowly so your body can adjust.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Try Beano
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    I agree with SDawgW - let them go! Make them silent or leave the room
  • I just tell myself it's a sign of good health. Not only that but it's the truth! You are cleaning yourself out so bacteria does not build and give you problems. Stinky farts invoked from a healthy diet is a sign of good health so in the words of others before me, let 'r rip!
This discussion has been closed.