Problem: Eating too much late in the evening.

Options
torpina
torpina Posts: 24 Member
Need some advice. I eat dinner around 6/7 and then am so hungry at 9/10. Any advice on how to resist the food cravings that late at night?

Thanks.

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Don't resist.......... Eat............ If you have the calories then by all means enjoy... I go to bed with a 500 calorie snack every single night and have managed to lose a few pounds.... If it fits into your daily allowance there is no rules about when you have to eat them... Best of Luck...
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Move your breakfast to before bed and skip it in the morning until lunch. Works for me when I'm eating too much at night. For me craving carbs is a response to my meds as soon as they kick in. I'll sleep walk to get some toast. But then I'm not hungry right away in the morning. Probably because I ate toast before bed .... so have something small in the morning and eat breakfast before bed. Healthy breakfast.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Go to be at 9pm. You can't eat in your sleep, assuming you don't sleep walk and eat.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    eat more earlier in the day. for some reason people have this misconception that breakfast has to be a small meal, when in reality, breakfast and lunch should be the largest meals of the day. Dinner should be the smallest.

There's nothing wrong with having an evening snack. I do every day. I try to do nothing starchy or real sugary. I also try to have something that's high in protein. my go-to's are....
    celery, broccoli, cucumbers, and/or cauliflower with roasted red pepper hummus
    protein shake (made with protein powder, unsweetened coconut or almond milk, cooca powder, white kidney or black beans, ice)
    protein powder frozen treat (mix chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, packet splenda (or sweetener of choice), and pb2 with a bit of water to create paste. freeze for half an hour. dig in.
    nuts (i like pistachios, cashews, & almonds)