struggling to drink 8 glasses/2 litres of water per day

Options
it seems if i drink over 6 i just feel super bloated and sick :/ do i really have to have 8?

Replies

• efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    One good way to assess how much to drink is half your body weight in water - i.e 160 lbs = 80 oz of water :)
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The reality is that depending on your size and activity level... you may need more or less than 8 cups/day.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those reusable tumblers with a straw and use that for my water. I find it easier to be sipping on that all day that down a bottle or glass at once. When I'm feeling bored with water I will get sparkling water or just add lemon or lime. Simple fix but it's super yummy.
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I bought one of those reusable tumblers with a straw and use that for my water. I find it easier to be sipping on that all day that down a bottle or glass at once. When I'm feeling bored with water I will get sparkling water or just add lemon or lime. Simple fix but it's super yummy.

I agree - sometimes adding things to your water can spice it up a bit. I like to add strawberries and mint leaves :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water intake. I drink a lot of tea, and just drink water when I'm thirsty. So I'll drink more if I've been exercising, or it's hot, etc. I might drink less if I've been eating more watery food (fruit, veg, soup, stews, etc.) but I haven't noticed. But it makes sense that you're going to need less pure water if you drink other things. If you're just tracking the water you're not keeping an accurate account of your fluid intake. I'm not saying don't do it, but just look at what else you're taking in and see if you think it's necessary to track it.