Starting Over

Options
Taking a few days off to heal and regroup myself.
I started running in January every other day on the treadmill. Started out walking/running like 2 min run 1 min walk. Got up to 30 mins at 5 mph no incline. Then in May I went running with my husband outside. Was a 4 mile trail run..yes there was walking involved. I was a pretty sore girl for a few days so I took some recovery time. Ever since then I have been running outside for the most part. Stormy days I run inside. I started altering routes (length and hills). Can't run any of my routes in the entirety. I always have to slow and walk at points, sometimes to stop and stretch mid-run. I do stretch prior to the run as well. This past Tuesday I went outside for a run, it was miserably hot! I pushed too hard obviously. I could barely walk by the time i got home but I did 1.8 miles in 15 mins hurting and all.

Starting Monday (if legs are better) I am sticking to my "main" route of 1.8 miles. I will start fresh, brand new outta the box. Run for 3 walk for 1 do that for a few days until I am comfortable and keep upping the minutes of running when they are comfortable. I will not change routes until I conquer the main one! At that point I will add on miles and time.