Over my Calories!

Options
Hey guys! For the past 3-5 weeks I have not gone over my calories and I have lost 10 lbs. But, the past two days I have been over my calories and my sodium. I have been checking the scale and I have gained 2-3 lbs! Is it true or is it the sodium? How long do I have to wait till the sodium flushes out and the weight becomes accurate or on track again? Thanks!

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate between 7000 and 10500 calories over your MAINTANENCE calories it's not fat weight.

Don't weigh yourself everyday. Sodium, extra food, less water, etc etc causes your weight to change.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You getting your period? Could be water weight - bloated. Just keep up the good work, going a few times over your calories on one day, and being less another doesnt seem like it should affect you? I know nothing though lol
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Sodium generally flushes out of the system in 2-3 days. Drink a little extra water to give your body the tools it needs to effectively work it out of the system.

Weighing frequently is good because you learn about weight variations, but it's not so good if you have trouble accepting the weight variations. ;)
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    The weight can fluctuate a lot over the day, there is always 2-3 pounds difference from morning to afternoon weighing. It is mostly water weight, but if you believe that it might be the actual weight then you might need to adjust your calories intake, cut another 100-200 calories from your daily intake and see how it works. It's not exact science, but there are many things that can affect your weight, things like stress, certain foods etc...
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. If you really want to get back to your "not eating over calories goal" you can always eat a little less the next few days to average out what you overate the first few days and still come out with an acceptable daily average for the week (and a possible loss!). Our bodies don't live by the clock like we do - it will all average out in the end.