Is my caloric intake fear irrational?

Options
Has anyone eaten way below maintenance in order to drop pounds faster, then started eating at maintenance to maintain their goal weight and gained weight from it? I want to drop my calorie intake but this is my fear. Irrational?

Replies

• palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't think its irrational. You should aim for 1 lb per week loss then if you end up losing 2-3 lb per week in the beginning it will level off and you won't have a metabolism problem when you are done. I have had incredible results with that method and still lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks when I increased intake to a loss goal of 1/2 lb per week. Plus they say more of your weight loss will be from fat and not muscle if you do it gradually. You don't have enough lbs to lose to eat a 1000 Cal deficit in my opinion.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Your fear is completely rational...it's what all these crash diets teach us and leads to a yo-yo dieting epidemic. If you're losing consistently, even 1/2 a pound a week, just keep going. Don't rush things and your body will be more ready when you get to your goal weight/maintenance.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is what I was thinking. I will just be patient. I don't lose weight consistently every week but it is coming off slowly. I will stick to what I am doing(which I knew in my gut was better than cutting a large number of calories :). I won't let being impatient get the best of me.