Looks can be deceiving!

Options
Not a great day, I looked in the mirror and saw all the progress I have madein the last 5 months. The person in the mirror looked great but the person inside feels really crappy. I should feel really happy but all I feel lately is pain. By 2 in the afternoon all I want to do is lay down on my heating pad. One day I don't hurt much and try to do something and the next day my back is screaming at me. It's like being on a roller coaster. :sad: Sorry guys, I'm just depressed and I had to let it out somewhere. The sad part is I'm happy for everyone who is doing so good and at the same timeI feel like I'm never going to get there again. :sad: :sad: See you all after the weekend.

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not a great day, I looked in the mirror and saw all the progress I have madein the last 5 months. The person in the mirror looked great but the person inside feels really crappy. I should feel really happy but all I feel lately is pain. By 2 in the afternoon all I want to do is lay down on my heating pad. One day I don't hurt much and try to do something and the next day my back is screaming at me. It's like being on a roller coaster. :sad: Sorry guys, I'm just depressed and I had to let it out somewhere. The sad part is I'm happy for everyone who is doing so good and at the same timeI feel like I'm never going to get there again. :sad: :sad: See you all after the weekend.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Karen,

Oh, honey. I can relate.

I don't know what's wrong with your back. Have you been to a doctor? What happened?

I have a bulging disk and the slightest "mis-move" can tweak it out: and it is incredibly painful. I have learned after many years of this to immediately take two Aleve (Naproxen Sodiun) WITH FOOD (nausea). Then drink two large glasses of water. Doing no exercise makes mine worse, so even if it is painful I do something. Keep it moving. How did you come up with heat? If it is inflamed, heat is not so good by itself. Cold is better until the Aleve kicks in. Depending onwhat is wrong.

Message me now if you want to talk. I'll be offline in 30 minutes.

Cheryl
  • bluestime
    Options
    Hang on. You're going to make it through this.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are feeling so down. Use this time to heal yourself have you been to the doc? You have done great since aug losing over 40 lbs it must be hard not being able to exercise b/c you have been doing so well. As long as you continue to follow the food allowance you shouldn't gain any. You may even continue to lose. You are almost there! I wish I could say that. You are inspiring to me. So please get yourself better and don't feel down this will pass.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh, my friend.

You need to heal. I so feel where you are, as I had some body setbacks in December and January. Worst of all, I was guilty because I couldn't work out. Please don't fall into that trap. Sometimes laying down with the heating pad is exactly what you need to do.

I know it's hard, but you can try to spin it into "time to recharge" and reflect on how far you've come. And, if you keep your eating under control, like hmmmmm said, you won't gain and you may still lose. Do you do iTunes? There are some great, free meditations for pain. If you do, just message me and I'll direct you. If I give myself time to do them, they work even better than painkillers (and I get the good stuff!)

You inspire us all. Take the best care you can of your body. You only get one. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

but you get two flowers!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Dear one,
    Let yourself lie down on the heating pad, read a wonderfully uplifting book, have a cup of tea and remember that "this too shall pass". You have already come so far...you've helped a lot of us along the way...now let us help and encourage you.
    You need to get your pain under control. If you have to yell at your doctor that you are in pain, get it under control...you'll be depressed and unhappy until you start to feel better. Donna was miserable for a year...could barely walk across the living room without literally crying, and they didn't want to give her anything for pain. I finally insisted...I mean the poor woman had bone on bone deformed knees (she has since had both replaced) and they would not treat her pain! What does it take? (Okay, rant over!) but please see your doctor and make him/her understand that you need some help.
    cowboy
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thank you my friends for the support you have shown. I wrote that at the end of long day and I decided that night to get away from everything for a few days. Hence the trip to my Mom's. I felt much better when I got back. I literally poured all my pain into that post. I will take each day at a time and faithfully do all my exercises the PT person gives me:bigsmile: Thank you so much for just listening. It was really appreciated and I will try not to whine much while I heal. ~Karen