Really bugs me when...

Options
***As a disclaimer, I'm not trying to start a world war, single out or offend any person. Just fed up and figured I'd post my two cents. ***

... people quote pictures in "post-picture" topics. Like, seriously, I didn't click on this topic to see the same picture posted and re-posted 31 times with different laughing icons underneath the quote.

... people comment on a post to say "Sorry, can't help you." Um... how about in stead of getting the persons hopes up thinking they got a reply on their topic you just skip it. Are you trying to get your post count up or something? What is the point of telling someone you can't help and don't have a similar experience to share??

... people don't search the forums on a topic (starvation mode, 1200 calories, eat back exercise calories, etc). Also, those of you out there desperate to knock me down for making this post, yes, I'm aware I'm annoying myself because there are plenty of posts (albeit older ones) out there on this topic, already.

... children sign up for and use this site and then friend request me. Nope, sorry, I feel incredibly weird with "friends" who are underage, not to mention it "breaks the rules" on mfp. You're a kid, your parents should be helping you eat not a community of adults on the internet!

... people have profile pictures of just cleavage, or just their butt. I can appreciate a full body pic in your underwear or bikini or whatever, showing off your progress or whatever. But seriously, I'm pretty sure you haven't been working out your boobs in the gym. I get the whole "lets flirt and have fun" and yes, agree! BUT, there's the occasional picture that I'm certainly glad my son didn't happen to walk by and see.

... people's diary's are more than 1/2 fast food. An occasional meal here and there, or maybe even one a day if there's some reason you can't bring your own or whatever for work. But, I don't get how people can eat the stuff day in and day out and expect to become healthier.

Right. There you have it, my personal mini-***** fest. All in fun, of course. I feel so much better getting this off my chest. My therapist is always trying to get me to express my emotions, anyway. ;)

Have a good day, mfp!

EDIT: Because auto correct, despite it's best efforts, can't read my mind.

Replies

• Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    agree!!!!!!

edit* I didnt choose for it to zoom in on me lol, sorry about the chest shot
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    *like* and may I just add use the word "loose" for "lose". Makes we want to scream every time. Whew, I feel better too!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking this for a while now. So I completely agree with you. Though, I'm still fairly young (18), and I also don't eat clean 24/7. I allow myself 2 dinners on the weekend of what ever I want, it is never fast food but like it in a way, just an unhealthy home made meal that is in my calorie goals, and I do that twice a week. So far it has worked for me. I think people should be allowed to have one thing a day that is in there limits, but not fast food. More like a home made slice of pizza, or 2 cookies, etc.
    Just my opinion.
    Hope you have a good day! :]
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    "Really bugs me when..."

A woman posts a genuine concern and is looking for advice on her lady parts or how the hormones are working and MEN START RESPONDING TO THE TOPIC. C'mon guys, until you walk a mile in their shoes..

or, along those same lines,

Women making comments about 'balls', as in 'kick him in the balls', rip his balls off, grow a pair, etc. Same rule applies...its crass, low class, and totally inappropriate to make light of sexually assaulting someone. It wouldn't be very nice for men to commonly talk about kicking a woman in the crotch or punching her breasts, so lay off the balls references.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree about quoting the pictures in the pictures threads--compliments are awesome, but just use their name or the first picture they posted. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm reading a thread for the first time or not because I've seen the same person's pictures SO MANY TIMES. (I'm not complaining that they re-post them. They are proud and inspiring and deserve to. The quoting gets frustrating--though to be a total hypocrite, I did it once in a picture thread, but only of a single small picture, not an entire long post with huge pictures.)
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You need to find some bigger fish to fry
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....fried fish.......
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I pretty much agree with everything you said.
    I too feel the need to wring the necks of those who type 'loose' instead of 'lose'. Christ, people, get it together, lol.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    ***As a disclaimer, I'm not trying to start a world war, single out or offend any person. Just fed up and figured I'd post my two cents. ***

... people quote pictures in "post-picture" topics. Like, seriously, I didn't click on this topic to see the same picture posted and re-posted 31 times with different laughing icons underneath the quote.

... people comment on a post to say "Sorry, can't help you." Um... how about in stead of getting the persons hopes up thinking they got a reply on their topic you just skip it. Are you trying to get your post count up or something? What is the point of telling someone you can't help and don't have a similar experience to share??

... people don't search the forums on a topic (starvation mode, 1200 calories, eat back exercise calories, etc). Also, those of you out there desperate to knock me down for making this post, yes, I'm aware I'm annoying myself because there are plenty of posts (albeit older ones) out there on this topic, already.

... children sign up for and use this site and then friend request me. Nope, sorry, I feel incredibly weird with "friends" who are underage, not to mention it "breaks the rules" on mfp. You're a kid, your parents should be helping you eat not a community of adults on the internet!

... people have profile pictures of just cleavage, or just their butt. I can appreciate a full body pic in your underwear or bikini or whatever, showing off your progress or whatever. But seriously, I'm pretty sure you haven't been working out your boobs in the gym. I get the whole "lets flirt and have fun" and yes, agree! BUT, there's the occasional picture that I'm certainly glad my son didn't happen to walk by and see.

... people's diary's are more than 1/2 fast food. An occasional meal here and there, or maybe even one a day if there's some reason you can't bring your own or whatever for work. But, I don't get how people can eat the stuff day in and day out and expect to become healthier.

Right. There you have it, my personal mini-***** fest. All in fun, of course. I feel so much better getting this off my chest. My therapist is always trying to get me to express my emotions, anyway. ;)

Have a good day, mfp!

EDIT: Because auto correct, despite it's best efforts, can't read my mind.

1. All right.
    2. "Sorry, I can't help you" could be considered a nice way to bump someone's question you can't answer yourself by someone less interested in post count than you are.
    3. If you had read the "read before posting" threads you would know MFP likes to encourage new people asking the same questions rather than exclusively using the search engine. The idea is to create a dialogue between vets and newbies . . . a welcoming environment, rather than a frustrated, "fed up" environment.
    4. Nice, teacher. I guess we can scratch that one off your future profession list.
    5. I like boobs. So do most people. Let's not make me grumpy about boobs. As you mentioned already, let your superb teaching skills shelter your son from boobs, and let me look at boobs. Onward.
    6. If you went to a site that specialized in gathering together the healthiest hemp-braiding people on the planet, you might have a legitimate gripe if all they ate was CFA "jesus chicken" but on a site where people are trying to go from not healthy to yes healthy, you should probably expect to see some struggles . . . unless, of course, you decided to butt out of other people's diaries.

Thanks for the show. Respectfully,

-qQ
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options

1. All right.
    2. "Sorry, I can't help you" could be considered a nice way to bump someone's question you can't answer yourself by someone less interested in post count than you are.
    3. If you had read the "read before posting" threads you would know MFP likes to encourage new people asking the same questions rather than exclusively using the search engine. The idea is to create a dialogue between vets and newbies . . . a welcoming environment, rather than a frustrated, "fed up" environment.
    4. Nice, teacher. I guess we can scratch that one off your future profession list.
    5. I like boobs. So do most people. Let's not make me grumpy about boobs. As you mentioned already, let your superb teaching skills shelter your son from boobs, and let me look at boobs. Onward.
    6. If you went to a site that specialized in gathering together the healthiest hemp-braiding people on the planet, you might have a legitimate gripe if all they ate was CFA "jesus chicken" but on a site where people are trying to go from not healthy to yes healthy, you should probably expect to see some struggles . . . unless, of course, you decided to butt out of other people's diaries.

-qQ

Can I add this to my post? hahaha

I'm not on a horse here, so why are you?
  • quixoteQ
    Options

1. All right.

-qQ

Can I add this to my post? hahaha

I'm not on a horse here, so why are you?

If you're not on a horse, why are you wearing a riding hood and some sort of cape in your avatar?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help you.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Im-on-a-Horse-e1298361267162.jpg
  • quixoteQ
    Options

Nice.
  • quixoteQ
    Options

Nice.

And by nice, I mean, nice.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options

Nice.

And by nice, I mean, nice.

Here, in case any one missed this picture the first three times.

lmao.
  • jaygregz
    jaygregz Posts: 104
    Options
    ***As a disclaimer, I don't care if I start a world war, single out or offend any person. I'm completely fed up and figured I'd post my two cents. ***

... people post topics about things that bug them.

... people have profile pictures of just cleavage, or just their butt. I can appreciate a full body pic in your underwear or bikini or whatever, showing off your progress or whatever. But seriously, If the rules would allow for it then I would want to see people naked. Lets flirt and have fun" and yes I agree! BUT, there's the occasional picture that I'm certainly disappointed I didn't happen to walk by and see.

... When I fall asleep with a double cheeseburger in my mouth.

Right. There you have it, my personal mini-***** fest. All in fun, of course. I feel so much better getting this off my chest. My therapist is my mom and don't forget to tip your waitress , anyway. ;)

Have a good day, mfp!

EDIT: I'm kidding. I don't care about any of this. I'm only here to get my "fit" on.

SECOND EDIT: Because Auto-correct doesn't edit cruelty.
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    girls who wear next to nothing in their profile pic and get mad why they get hit up with friend requests daily
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I agree with the children pics. I just deleted one the other day that said she was 23. She posted a half naked picture... you could see pubs.. in a status said she was thinking of signing up for track.. When asked college or high school she said high school.