Dr appt today

donna56
donna56 Posts: 412
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well this morning I have a Dr. appt. and I will find out just how accurate my scale really is. Hope I don't get too disappointed :brokenheart:

208998.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Good luck, I hope it is accurate!
  • donna56
    Good luck, I hope it is accurate!

Thank You :smile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Good luck! I still don't know how much I actually weigh. At home: 123 The Gym: 130 One Doctor: 128 Other Doctor 132.5 .......... I just go by how much I've seemed to have lost. The Gym and Home scales have me down about 8-10 pounds! Ask the Dr. how much you weighed last time you were there!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Don't forget the clothes!

If you weigh nakie at home and then hop on the Dr's scale with your full kit on that's 3 pounds or so. 5 or 6 if you wear big bikerboots like mine,,,

Good luck, have fun. You're gonna get an atta'girl :wink:
  • donna56
    Good luck! I still don't know how much I actually weigh. At home: 123 The Gym: 130 One Doctor: 128 Other Doctor 132.5 .......... I just go by how much I've seemed to have lost. The Gym and Home scales have me down about 8-10 pounds! Ask the Dr. how much you weighed last time you were there!

Believe me, I know exactly how much I weighed when I was there last, :embarassed: :embarassed: that's why I am trying , no am loosing weight. I think I was in some sort of shock or something when I seen how much I weighed. :laugh: I weighed 25 lbs more the last time I went to the Dr. than I did when I was 9 mos. pregnant with my son ofcorse that was 20 yrs ago, but still. Way too much weight gain over the years.

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Well, let us know how it goes!
  • donna56
    Well, let us know how it goes!

I sure will, thanks. :smile:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    I never look at the scale in my doctor's office, and I only weigh myself on one scale (the one at the gym). This helps me keep from getting derailed. I usually step on the docs scale backwards...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Remember, unless they are getting them recalibrated about every six weeks, it usually adds weight to you. Very rarely have I ever heard of it weighing you less if the calibrations are off. Think about it, you may have a 40 lb child stand and bounce on it, then have a 300 lb person stand on it, plus everyone else in between. I think it adds weight sometimes just for revenge. You'll do great. Keep focused on your wonderful successes thus far. Don't let anyone change what you already know :)
This discussion has been closed.