You look AWESOME!
  • karina530
    karina530 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Great story...thanks for sharing it. I am 5'7" and my goal weight is 140...although I don't mind weighing more if it means I'm more fit, more muscle!
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great job, and I really liked your message about not being an "after"--it really is a lifestyle, and I think that way of looking at it leads to ongoing success. Like you I lost weight a while back ( through exercise only, not diet, which turned out to be a problem), and now I'm starting to figure out how to get to be the best version of me.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    Right on!! I love your attitude and your outlook on health. Sounds like you've really got it down. Way to go!!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! I am just now at a point where I am starting strength training and plan to start going to the gym soon for some serious lifting. I was hoping to lose about 15 more lbs first, but have decided to go ahead with it now. I started out wanting to get the weight off and now like you, I want to be FIT. I know I can do it and as I tell them at work when they ask me "when are you going to be done with losing weight", this is a lifelong journey for me for my good health.

Congratulations on your accomplishment and good luck in the future on your journey to stay fit.:flowerforyou:
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    thank you for sharing your journey - you look fantastic!!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2007picture.jpg

This is me in 2007 (2nd from the right). I thought I was an after. I’d lost 35 lbs on Weight Watchers. I wore a size 4, and was 5’7”, 130 lbs.

Before.jpg

This is me in May of 2011, at over 160 lbs. I’ll never be sure how heavy I got, because I refused to get on a scale. I was wearing a size 10. When I started tracking in January, after trying to work out and diet for a few months, my “starting weight” was 161.6.

IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg

This is me now, at 146.6 lbs.

photo.jpg

This is me now, in the same shirt I was wearing in 2007. At 146.6 lbs, I have the same measurements I did at 130; although I thought I would never fit into my clothes from then again, I’ve made it back to a size 4 (just with more muscles!).

The past 6 months have been a crazy journey for me, from 1200 calories and too much cardio to 1500 calories, eating back exercise calories, and lifting weights 3-4 times a week. I’ve learned so much, I can’t even sum it all up. I’ve learned the importance of getting enough food, but the right foods. More protein, less simple carbs. I’ve learned how to do things sustainably, eating enough to never be hungry, never feeling deprived of the foods I love but not going overboard either. I’ve learned that weight lifting does not turn a girl into she-hulk, and it makes your feel awesome and powerful. That the number on the scale is a guideline, but not a goal, and that other measurements matter more (13 inches lost between bust, waist and hips!) But the most important thing I’ve learned is this: I will never be an after.

I don’t say this because I’m not happy with the results I’ve gotten. I’ll be honest, I’m thrilled. But that doesn’t mean I’m stopping. Because somewhere along the line, my goals shifted, and I realized, I don’t just want to be thin. I want to be fit. I want to be healthy. I don't just want small measurements, I want less body fat, stronger muscles, more energy. And that is something that I’m going to have to work on, every day, for the rest of my life.

I actually look forward to it.

THANKYOU!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Bravo. I completely agree, we continue to grow and learn and try new things. This journey is actually fun!!:flowerforyou:
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Bravo. I completely agree, we continue to grow and learn and try new things. This journey is actually fun!!:flowerforyou:

I agree! I've been through so many phases so far in this process. That's why I'm SO GLAD I found MFP, where I have been able to "crowd source" helpful information and find out to eat more, lift weights, add protein, etc. My friends on here and the info in the forums have been a godsend.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options

The past 6 months have been a crazy journey for me, from 1200 calories and too much cardio to 1500 calories, eating back exercise calories, and lifting weights 3-4 times a week. I’ve learned so much, I can’t even sum it all up.

I like what you said here most! I was doing the 1200 and too much cardio, and not enough eating. Doesn't work for me so I am just starting to switch it up! Thanks for the motivation :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!