Boiled peanut overload

robbienjill
robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
:sad: Man ol man...why do I always get so hung up on Boiled peanuts this time of year. In the South its a big deal to just hang out on the deck on Sunday and drink a beer while boiling peanuts outside. Not only is it just peanuts...but then ya just have to have the beer to finish it off. And I wonder why the scale did not budge this week...:explode: They just taste so dog on yummy!!

Replies

• rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    I love boiled peanuts:love: my hubby thinks that they're gross(he's from up north). Everytime we drive through south carolina we stop at the vendor on the side of the road to get my fix. They don't come guilt free but they are so good.
  • I'm not from the south but I LOVE boiled peanuts. When I get the canned ones I open it up and separate it out into smaller tupperware containers.

Next time try dishing up a serving amount and having water or something else besides beer to drink...or switch to a lighter beer like Miller 64??
  • Try switching to boiled styrofoam peanuts. Not much taste, but a nice crunch.
  • Try switching to boiled styrofoam peanuts. Not much taste, but a nice crunch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure what that would do for the digestive track :wink: :wink:
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    im from the south born raised and will die here but i had never heard of boiled peanuts til a few years when we were in charleston i can sum em up in one word YUCK give me roasted ones instead
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Never Heard, Seen or Smelt these before:laugh: What are they?:noway:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Boiled peanuts are like heaven in your mouth honey!!! Us southerners Love em, heck my town even has a boiled peanut PARADE (They parade about everything round here!)

Basically take lots of peanuts, lots of salt, some water, stick em in a big boiling pot, and boil for hours....til the shell is soft enough to crack open with your teeth and the peanuts basically melt in your mouth! YUMMY!

the canned ones, I PROMISE, are not near as good as the real live thing!
  • robbienjill
    countdowntothin...They have a peanut festival where I live as well in NC!!! Go Figure!! And yes, they are sooo much better than the canned ones aren't they:bigsmile: My husband is from Michigan and I think he even loves them better than I do.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Well...i've never had them but they sound....interesting:noway: ....hehe. I do like nuts with a really cold beer though. The problem is you can't stop once you have salty food. You keep saying ..."just one more" "just one more" "ok this is the last one":laugh: :laugh:
  • robbienjill
    Just one more is exactly what I say!!!! lol:love:
  • Boiled peanuts are like heaven in your mouth honey!!! Us southerners Love em, heck my town even has a boiled peanut PARADE (They parade about everything round here!)

Basically take lots of peanuts, lots of salt, some water, stick em in a big boiling pot, and boil for hours....til the shell is soft enough to crack open with your teeth and the peanuts basically melt in your mouth! YUMMY!

the canned ones, I PROMISE, are not near as good as the real live thing!

They are WONDERFUL!!! I love when they have them at my local farmers market. I'm from up north but this is one thing that makes me wish that I had been born in the south!!
  • countdowntothin...They have a peanut festival where I live as well in NC!!! Go Figure!! And yes, they are sooo much better than the canned ones aren't they:bigsmile: My husband is from Michigan and I think he even loves them better than I do.

Thats where I'm from, I think us Michiganders all have a little southern in us!
This discussion has been closed.