Where am I going wrong ???

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but: Your team leader sounds like an idiot.

I don't get the impression that you are a professional athlete that had to make a certain weight (like, you know, a professional fighter.) Don't worry about drinking water, or any of that ****. Chill the **** out and take it easy. It's a marathon.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You only get heavier when you put things into your body. Water, food/etc. If you drink more than you sweat, you will weigh more.

If your 'team leader' thinks that you can go do an activity, take in no water/food, and weigh more after that activity, then she is probably a middle school dropout.

I agree with the above comment someone made how can exercise affect ur weigh in ? Does it matter if ur muscles r pumped or not it's still the same weight ur carrying ?

The only way to produce matter from nothing is magic. Science can't do it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you say you are drinking a liter of water on workout days...is that in addition to your normal water intake, or is that all?
    i know this thread isnt about water, but you need more than a liter a day esp on workout days.
    if i misunderstood, my apologies.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising that much, it may be that you put on weight from muscle gain.

No way. Hours of cardio a day, 5 days a week will result in muscle loss, not gain. Best you could hope for would be to maintain (unlikely, especially when eating at a deficit).
  • andyklukas
    Options
    It's not "the weight" that matters, it's the body composition. Although weight can be a good indicator, it's not the whole story of one's fitness goal. You may also be gaining muscle or, like previous posts mentioned, just holding water.