Non-scale Victory stories!

Options
Today, a nurse at the hospital noticed what I was eating for lunch. She says to me "Girl, why you worrying about calories? You don't need to be on a diet. You look good already!" Talk about a major confidence booster! My hard work is showing! July 14, 2011 was the beginning of my weight loss journey. I am down 47 pounds. What NSV have you experienced lately?

Replies

• Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when strangers tell you that you look good?

This week I wore a skirt that I haven't been able to hook at the top in over 3 years. I'm beginning to think that I can really do this!
  • MerBear1FL
    MerBear1FL Posts: 32
    Options
    Since my journey began on June 2, 2012: I have lost 13.4 lbs and 18.65 inches!

Last weekend I as able to wear a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to wear in a year!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I put this on my wall, but I guess I can put it here, too. I got into my size 16 shorts today! I tried to put them on a month ago and couldn't get to front together to zip them. I can now...comfortably, too. I am not ready to abandon the 18's just yet, but it wont be long now. :)
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I bought a size 11 skirt a few months ago and couldn't zip it. I can now zip it even though it's the only size 11 I own. Most everything else is size 14 so I'll take it! Congrats everybody!

(and that's down from a size 22)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've noticed when I set on scale now I can see numbers without having to move. Lol.. sounds silly but I can see the ground just by looking down. I don't see my belly in the way.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I started with a new PT the other week and in my first session he was shocked when I told him my weight, said I don't look it at all it will be because I am muscular.

Made my day, I weight heavy and it makes me feel gross. At least people don't see me that way.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My NSV - white linen pants that 1 mo. ago too tight, now too big!!!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My acne, which two months ago was out of control and cystic -with- medicated treatment, has now completely disappeared (and I wash my face with regular soap now!)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nice!

My NSV for the day: Realizing just how much my confidence is increasing each day that I work out- light or hard. I managed to do 30DS for the second day, but this time in front of my husband and I wasn't embarrassed! I may not have lost much weight, but I'm losing my self-loathing!
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My pants fell down. Completely. Pooled around my ankles. Fortunately, I was on my own back deck at the time. The pants fit when I bought them, and now they can't even stay up. I consider this to be cause for (slightly red-faced) celebration. Also, cause to find a belt.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Silly but true.

Telling my husband that I did not want to go to the all-you-can-eat buffet and saying I would rater just make dinner at home. Taco Salad tonight!
  • jennie5565
    jennie5565 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of the 30DS Cardio and my leggings (which have fit me for years) were literally slipping off. Woo hoo! (:
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Last batch of clothes I bought were the same size I wore when I got married- 12 years ago. :)
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I love it keep'um coming!!

Last night I ran in the rain! Previously I'd've never run and rain would've been an excuse not to run. Last night I ran 22 minutes in a drizzle and then decided to run 3 more minutes because I was still feeling so good!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Today while I was in my pool I tried to float on my back and kept sinking if I stopped moving my arms! Last summer I could float all day long without too much effort. I'm assuming that means my body fat is lower?!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago I went to a bar for a drink. Bartender asked what I did for a living and seemed shocked when I said, "Stay-at-home mom." He thought I looked like a personal trainer! *insert mini-ego boost here*
  • babywoofs
    babywoofs Posts: 2
    Options
    My hubby told me my stomach looked smaller. I though he was trying to be supportive because it's only been a couple of weeks. That is, until I put on a skirt that normally fit me perfectly … I could grab a decent handful of fabric on either side! When I checked my measurements, he was indeed right! My stomach (read: waist) was measuring smaller! Just the fact that he is noticing was encouraging to me. He also told our daughter, "I am so proud of your mom for all the work she is doing!" That not only made MY day, my dd told me later that it made her even more proud of me, too! :) Gotta love that!
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I love these stories! Way to go everyone! I have had a few, considering I am 133 lbs lighter than I was at my heaviest. But, lately it has been purchasing clothes at a |regular| clothing store (Old Navy), and not buying shirts from the men#s section, not even buying the biggest size ladies size, but XL, and the sales girl I have come to love there (she is very honest with me), telling me that next time I come in I need to be buying large!!!

I tend to still see myself way heavier than I actually am so this was such a boost (it is hard for me to wear more form-fitting clothes because of this).

Love it!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 12 swimsuit. Considering the fact that I wore size 13/14 in high school (40 years ago) it felt darn good about it. I think the sizing is different but none the less I'll take it at my age
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love these stories! Makes me think we can and are doing this. Good to have others to share with.

Had to buy new shorts a couple weeks back cuz mine were falling down too far to be comfortable. When you can remove your pants without unbuttoning them, they've gotten to big. Finished a 5K on July 4th in 45 minutes. I'm not a runner yet by any means, but I'm gonna get there. Just bought a size 16 dress yesterday that my sister, who never likes my clothes, wants to borrow.

Keep up the awesome work y'all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!