268lbs to 200lbs in 2yrs

Options
seansquared
seansquared Posts: 328 Member
Today, I hit my goal weight of 200lbs. It took two years with on-and-off transitions to the Keto lifestyle, including being a Consultant/road-warrior which required a sea change in how I approached food planning and preparation - that was not easy but I got used to it after a while!

Where am I going from here? I'm hitting the iron. Hard. Following Stronglifts 5x5 starting 7/7/2012. I've done Stronglifts 5x5 in the past and gained roughly 12lbs of muscle in 2 months, which is the kind of growth I'm hoping for again this time around but this time it will be for 6 months, or 12 months, or for life! I like to keep short goals, however, so I'm thinking 6 months for now ;)

My weight will probably start going *up* now as I put on muscle and mass, so as it is set up now, it's no longer a useful measurement here on MyFitnessPal. To that end, I'm going to use it to track Lean Body Mass (LBM) starting in the next few days since that makes a lot more sense for tracking muscle development.

What are other people out there using to track muscle development and strength gains (besides pictures or a tape measure)? Really talking about software / web tools here since I'm a professional computer geek :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!