How did you lose it?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm down to my last 10 (possibly 12) pounds, and I was wondering how those of you that have successfully dropped your weight, have lost the last 10? The reason I ask, is because I notice as the scale goes down, the longer it seems to take to reach my goal. I drink lots of water, eat pretty well, and exercise, but I was just curious to see how other people finally lost the last 10. Please share!

Replies

• bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm only losing 1 pound every two to three weeks. Just keep it going. We will eventually get there.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Try doing P90X, you should have no problem getting to where you want to be if you follow that routine.
  • amicklin
    Options
    I had been doing misc. cardio activities. But hit the last 10 and couldn't get it off. I upped my calories from 1340 to 1600, started eating clean (no chemicals, preservatives etc.) and also started using the P90X program. It made ALL the difference. Not sure if that is something that will work for everyone but it's what did the trick for me. :drinker: Now I am able to not focus on weight loss but muscle tone! such a nice feeling!!
  • Foxy_Brown
    Options
    I too am interested in knowing how to get the last 10-15 pounds off. I've upped my workout routine to include 45 minutes of Jillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser trainer) and I've noticed that muscles I've not worked before are now getting my attention. Maybe it's a matter of changing your routine to include new/different types of working out? All before Jillian I did Leslie Samsone Walk Aerobics, Gilad Total Body Workout, walk a mile/day, and a 20 minute routine on the stationary bike. All are good and got me to this point, but I think my bod is getting familiar with my routine. It's time to shake it up!!!
  • jojogirl
    Options
    Clean Eating
    No HFCS, no processed junk. Watching my sugar and sodium intake as well. I was cooking everything (and still am) that goes in my mouth (or natural foods already prepped for you, like fruit, nuts and cut pieces of cheese) and prepare my lunches and snacks ahead of time. It wasn't easy at first but I'm happy to say that now it's a habit just like eating bad used to be.
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    The advice I received from my trainer that help me the most was to change your routine a bit. Instead of doing the exact same cardio every workout which what you do and when you do it to confuse your body. Increase your level and or weight. Consider interval workouts that will boost your metabolism by going a faster pace for 1 - 2 mins, getting your heart rate up, then slow it down for 1 - 2 mins. Once again confusing and shocking your your body for a new jump start. The main thing I had to do though was focus more closely on my nutrition by making sure I wasn't cheating more than I should. My ideal goal since May of 2008 was to loose 65pds! I only have three more to go!:flowerforyou: