Why are weekends so difficult?

Options
xLexa
xLexa Posts: 482 Member
So I have been around for about a month or so, and cannot seem to get through weekends without making at least 1 bad choice. I know alot of it is will power etc and that is not something I am usually lacking in, but with a teether and lack of sleep I am finding it increasingly more difficult.

So I guess I am asking how do you keep yourself motivated through such things and keep going and resist the urge. Sugar is not something I actually used to crave but it has been the sweet things that have been my nemesis lately.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions :flowerforyou:

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    My advice is to let yourself have one off meal at least, if that is more convenient on the weekends then so be it. Other than that, willpower is developed with time and patience. Keep making healthy food choices and hopefully soon that is what you will be craving! :)

Good luck on your journey
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I control it by allowing myself to have "bad" things throughout the week, but in moderation. Then on Saturdays I eat w/e the h3ll I want lol.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If I know that I'm going to go out for drinks and dinner I make sure I eat a very healthy breakfast and lunch and try to save my calories for dinner.

If you go over, you go over. Who cares. Don't make yourself feel bad about enjoying yourself.

Nobody ever got to their deathbed and said "I wish I didn't eat that one piece of pizza on the weekends."

Have fun!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is a journey- let yourself have a couple of treats on the weekend. Maybe save up a few extra calories throughout the week to make it a more enjoyable experience without the guilt.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Weekends are ridiculously hard for me, too. Besides spending Friday nights with my boyfriend, where we usually go out to dinner, the harder part is Saturday at home alone. I want to kick back and have a few drinks and eat myself out of house and home! I just try to keep myself busy - right now I'm doing laundry, and I'll probably do some bills, watch some tv, and basically treat myself well. When I get really crazy, I come on here and read posts. :smile: