100 + lbs to lose...

Options
I am a 32 year old new mother and have hit my highest weight so far at 304. Looking to lose around 130 lbs. Would love to meet people that have similar goals! Add me, even if you only have to lose a little. Would love to have as much motivation as I can!

Shannon

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. My starting wt. was 304 and now it is 210. You can do this. Feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement.
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I have 130 or so lbs to lose as well. You can do it!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    75 - 100 lbs to lose, (once I lose 75 I'll see if I want to go down further) Feel free to add!
  • kitster3
    kitster3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I too have 100 lbs to lose. I am at the end of my rope. I'm doing this as my last stop before surgery. I know that even with surgery, a major change has to occur in my eating habits and my life. I have so much to live for - so I have to find the courage and skill to learn how to eat properly! I just started this process 15 minutes ago - so if I'm doing this incorrectly - I am sorry.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I am also on a journey to lose 100+ lbs and in little over 3 months I have encouraging results. I have lost 27 lbs. Since joining MFP 7 weeks ago I have lost 18 lbs out of the total. This is a very good tool if you use it consistently and honestly. I have problem with my heel tendons so I cannot do much exercise and losing this weight mainly through calories deficit every week. So if you can start doing some exercises/walking losing weight is possible at a good rate!!.

My target is to lose 100lbs by the end of February 2013. Good luck with your weight loss quest:)
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    my name is shannon too! :p i also have about 90lbs to lose so i will add you! xx
  • annadiggsmike
    Options
    Hi - I'm Anna, and I also have 100+ to lose; I've been dieting on and off for years. I weighed in at 303 at my Dr's office last week when I was diagnosed with a fatty liver. I know people always say that being overweight is ad for your health, but I got to the point where I felt so big and hopeless and gave up and didn't care.
    BUT, after finding out about my liver I am starting a new chapter! For the past week I have been sticking to my nutrition goals and walking 30 minutes every day (except today, resting :)) Very low fat, and LOTS of fruit & veg & oatmeal w/nuts, soups, salads, etc.
    WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
    My goal weight is between 140 & 160, so I figure that's about 140 lbs to go. Long haul baby :) We can do it.
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose close about 80 lbs.
  • thejoyofgod
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is my first day, hour and minute on this site and I am already starting to wonder can I do this? In the last 3 years I have gone through so many things and have over come. I think it is time to try the one I have been ingoring my weight and my health. I WANT TO LIVE!!!!! I'm killing myself and I know it; I can see it and feel it. I know I have so much to give to others and God has showen me I can do all things, but I have been killing myself slowly. Only a few weeks ago I was 297lb I prayed for God's help. But I did not not do anything for my self really, just started drinking water and exchanging some bad foods for good very little. Today I weighted myself and I'm 272, WOW!!! I do want to kick it up a bit by starting to walking and joining this site.
  • thejoyofgod
    Options
    @ AnnaI feel your pain and joy of starting this program. I would like to start off with a friend. Do you need one?
    @Kimberlee, How do you add someone?
    @ How do you get those fancey trackers? Is there somewhere I can track my water intake?
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have less than 150 to lose, always looking for more motivational friends feel free to add!
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me, i have a minimum of 99lbs to lose.
  • cavegrl140
    cavegrl140 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. My starting wt. was 304 and now it is 210. You can do this. Feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement.

WOW! Check you out! What a motivational loss!
  • cavegrl140
    cavegrl140 Posts: 19
    Options
    @thejoyoggod, your water is tracked in your diary. There's a little picture of a glass and each time you add a cup of water, the glass fills up. I always try to have my glass overflowing by the end of the day. This means I pee a LOT, but hey... It's good for you! :)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to MFP, but this is my first time in the forums. I've gone on and off logging my food and exercise, losing weight, then gaining it back (plus some extra :P) I'm starting again, and this time, I'd really like the support and motivation of other people on here! I'm 26, and am sick of being overweight. I'm 5'4", and currently at 244 lbs. Ideally, I believe I should be somewhere between 120-130, so I definitely have a way to go. Mini-goal #1: Get below the 240 mark! Feel free to friend me...I'd be glad to provide and receive support!
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You go girl...you are in the right direction now...it may say "0" today but in a few weeks you will see your numbers drop!!!! I am proud you joined!
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I joined in May at 288 and now at 266. It does work and it helps to come to the message boards regularly...even if you don't post you get inspired!!! I too would love to know how you get the little tracker on your posts...I would like some support friends that will inspire. My goal is 150 as i am almost 50 years old and work with youth so need to regain some energy. If God is willing and I stay diligent it will come off. I have faith in Him and that!