Dieting and alcohol!

Options
13»

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    i notice when i drink like 8 beers everyone on mfp looks thinner and more attractive so i feel iam doing everyone here a favor
    [/quote]

:drinker:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I tried the all alcohol diet for a while. For some reason I didn't lose any weight but I was always losing pretty much everything else.

:laugh:
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    When I have a drink I usually log it in snacks, but it seems funny logging it as a snack.

I have a section titled alcohol... lol
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Drinking, especially to excess, will sabotage your weight loss. Besides the 'empty' calories, it's filled with sugar, which could bring back cravings for sweets the next day.

More importantly, it impairs your judgement. That double bacon cheeseburger and milkshake is a lot more tempting after chugging a few beers. I know that when I drink, and I sometimes drink too much, that the night usually ends with a slice of pizza. Hangovers are terrible for exercise. I don't know about you, but there's nothing I want to do less that hit the gym after a hard night out. I can barely walk the dog the next morning.

I'm not a teatotaller, everything in moderation, but if you do plan on partying with booze, step up the workouts a few days before. Maybe even make a 'cheatish' meal at home, ready to zap in the microwave when you walk in the door. Way better than ordering a pizza and wings. One day wont screw up everything, so the next day get yourself right back on track.

I fully agree with ALL of this!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i cut down on sodas, and instead of dieting im watching what i eat and eat in moderation so i dont crave things, i drink alcohol only on special occacions, i have loss alot of weight since last november, as you plan things out to eat bad food just remember to exercise before or after. hope this helps
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking the end of last year. Drinking led to late night snacking on horrible food. The morning hangovers were the worst. I would go to the gym to try to sweat it out. It wasn't fun.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Don't actually "party". But I do have glass of wine most days. It's always within my calories, did not impede my weight loss or my current maintenance.