200 pound fitness instructor ...

Options

Replies

• apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was tired watching the first few seconds. STRONG!!!

And I wouldn't call her fat at all. Is she 200 lbs? possibly. But is she strong?Heck yeah! Is she beautiful?110%

Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    She looks beautiful and from the video it seems like she knows what she is teaching. I wish I was almost 6ft tall to hold a beautifully muscular body like her's but I'm not. So I have to work with what I have. I don't feel like the video promotes being overweight or fat. I felt like it said, "Hey, we all come in different shapes and sizes but there's no fitness goal we can't achieve without work." The whole video showed women working out trying to get in shape. I believe that's the reason why you would hire a trainer.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing she is GORGEOUS and I want that physique!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So you're suggesting that if your body naturally builds muscle, it's healthier to lose muscle to be a "healthy" weight than to lose fat and be "overweight"?
    Not at all. Not many people on here are sitting at 10%-15% (men) or 15%-20% (female)body fat. So it's important to lose the excess fat not necessary which intern will lower body weight.
    Loss of lots of lean muscle in this process isn't desired. You want to try to keep what lean muscle you can while losing excess fat.

Nobody NATURALLY builds muscle, it has to be encouraged by overload and surplus (which most people on here are not doing). Newbies, returning athletes and obese/overweight can build a little on deficit, but it's not much.

There's also VISERAL FAT which isn't seen that plays into total weight.

My point was that you don't have to have the appearance of being fat to be overweight. My example of NFL linemen (which some are considered fat, but many not) shows that people can be fit, but at risk for health issues because their weight is still too high for their frames.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS - my fear is that too many fat people will use this example as one more reason to stay fat and lower the bar.
    It'd be like me posting a video of Jackie Gleason dancing.
    No thanks!

These. ^

This woman is not your run of the mill MFPer. One exception does not equal "OMG numbers DON'T matter!!!"

Numbers matter. Healthy numbers usually indicate a healthy body. Of course there are always exceptions to any rule, but chances are it doesn't apply to (general) you.
  • NotAsThick
    NotAsThick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazingly inspirational!!!
    She's beautiful!
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    wow I can't believe she weighs 200lbs. Does not look it at all! and what a beauty! sooooo inspiring:)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    That's great, but the number way you can reduce health related issues is to LOWER your weight in proportion to your frame.

IDEA Fitness member

Actually much more evidence says, if you are eating right and exercising, weight isn't important. (obviously extreme obesity is not great, but there is a huge amount of leeway here.) People who are overweight and active have the same level of risk of chronic disease as people who are smaller and active. The worst health outcomes are for people who are inactive, no matter what their weight is.
  • jadedone
    Options
    ... is one of my fitspirations! Anowa says, "I'm not going to let these people discourage me and make me feel like I'm not a beautiful person."

"Anowa has created a exercise regimen that focuses on "losing the weight, but keeping the curves"! Anowa is fighting to create an avenue for more curvier women in the health and fitness arena. Anowa wants to Emphasize Fitness based on Health and not on Numbers!!"

YES! THIS!

The clip is a must see for all the ladies who want to drop the weight but keep the curves!

http://youtu.be/KPgmhKUJ03Y

Love her! One of my fitspirations too! :)
  • jadedone
    Options
    That's great, but the number way you can reduce health related issues is to LOWER your weight in proportion to your frame.

IDEA Fitness member

Niner is right. Overall body fat is directly correlated with health so those "curves" can contribute to potential health related issues. And if you really want curves, lift weights

Apparently you didn't watch the video. She has a ton of muscle tone.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This chick is full of freaking muscle, wow! And what looks to be a pretty healthy amount of body fat. She's awesome.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    This chick rocks!

It is obvious that she has worked hard and dedicated herself to being fit. I find it very frustrating that this inspirational thread has become overcome with "numbers" yet again. Common sense, not easy to come by for some, would indicate that this woman does not advocate "stay fat and fill your face with whatever you want". It's about time that there is a role model that isn't a freaking stick.

I say rock what you've got, eat healthy, work hard, and with dedication and perseverance anything is possible! When you make the right choices, the right results will come your way!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Two structures provide curves and shape to the human body-muscle and fat. Women like her, who are blessed with a modern gymnast physique, possess a ratio of high amount of muscle mass and normal/athletic body fat percentage.

I'll end my comment with this: If there is a baseball game and women's gymnastics event on TV, I'll be watching the fit, curvy ladies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Actually much more evidence says, if you are eating right and exercising, weight isn't important. (obviously extreme obesity is not great, but there is a huge amount of leeway here.) People who are overweight and active have the same level of risk of chronic disease as people who are smaller and active.
    Like to see the study that actually supports it. Please link it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Niner is right. Overall body fat is directly correlated with health so those "curves" can contribute to potential health related issues. And if you really want curves, lift weights

Watched the video. Muscle tone wasn't my argument. If you read my other posts, I stated the same about competitive bodybuilders. They have TONS of muscle tone (much more than her) and are also at risk for health issues because of too much mass (even though it's muscle) on their frames.

IDEA Fitness member
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Gosh, she is gorgeous and I would definately train with her. Being fit and healthy is also about being proud of who you are whether you want to be slim and muscly or larger and muscly who cares. Noones business but yours and it sure beats sitting on the couch! I am super impressed and I would love to look like that than a flabby 200pnd. We arent all built slim machines and it just wont work, how boring would this world be :o)

I like to remember that walking across a busy road can be bad for us too or living in a smog filled city, so what if you have a bit more muscle, better than too much fat.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    ... is one of my fitspirations! Anowa says, "I'm not going to let these people discourage me and make me feel like I'm not a beautiful person."

"Anowa has created a exercise regimen that focuses on "losing the weight, but keeping the curves"! Anowa is fighting to create an avenue for more curvier women in the health and fitness arena. Anowa wants to Emphasize Fitness based on Health and not on Numbers!!"

YES! THIS!

The clip is a must see for all the ladies who want to drop the weight but keep the curves!

http://youtu.be/KPgmhKUJ03Y

I find her body and attitude absolutely perfect! THAT is how I'd like to be and not a size 0. Thanks for posting this!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    She's gorgeous! <3

This makes me want to strive for the confidence, not the numbers. Thanks for posting-- I needed it.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Watched the video. Muscle tone wasn't my argument. If you read my other posts, I stated the same about competitive bodybuilders. They have TONS of muscle tone (much more than her) and are also at risk for health issues because of too much mass (even though it's muscle) on their frames.

IDEA Fitness member

...that sort of comment probably warrants some backup. links to studies?

pretty sure just by looking at her that she is not at any major health risk. she's just tall and strong and hasn't aimed for super low body fat.

also, i don't get it - you're buff as hell. why have you chosen to be bulky if you know it's not healthy?
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Actually much more evidence says, if you are eating right and exercising, weight isn't important. (obviously extreme obesity is not great, but there is a huge amount of leeway here.) People who are overweight and active have the same level of risk of chronic disease as people who are smaller and active.
    Like to see the study that actually supports it. Please link it.

IDEA Fitness member

How about my mom is overweight and she is almost 50 and she had a full physical at the Dr's and they told her all of her labs were perfect. She is active all day everyday working in management in a retail store and she doesn't eat junk. I still don't understand why she is overweight at all.

How about I am overweight and just got blood work done and I have perfect scores too. Cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure everything.

How about in contrast to that my 6ft tall only a couple of pounds over normal range husband has high blood pressure and possible cholesterol problems if he doesn't watch it according to his physical in Dec. Oh and he isn't even inactive he lifts 50-100lbs over and over for 9-16hrs per day outside on his feet.

How about all of the "skinny" people that have health problems like high blood pressure and cholesterol and stuff and probably couldn't run for 1 min without stopping.

***ETA Basically my point is just because someone has low mass for their frame and is skinny doesn't mean they are healthy.