I am new

Options
Have lost 20 lbs and would love to lose 20 to 30 lbs more. I seem to be at a stalemate right now and know I can do this. I have the support of my husband and he is my biggest cheerleader. I would love to get at least 20 off by the end of the year. Is that possible or am I setting the bar too high? Would love input and will get on as often as I can...thanks.:happy:

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I would say that 20lbs by the end of the year is possible. This really does work if you track your food and add a little excecise. I know it has worked for me. Right now I am just trying to maintain. But I still track here. Don't want to fall back on bad habits. If you are looking to have friends here you can add me I am 55 yrs old.
  • ibanez450
    ibanez450 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    20 lbs before the end of the year is possible. Make sure you track everything you eat. If you feel the urge to 'cheat' and not record something that you ate because it will make your numbers look bad, keep in mind that whether you record it or not, you DID eat it and it will have its effect. If you're going to blow your calories out of the water one day, own that decision and track it. I normally exceeded my calories one day out of the week by 500-1000 to keep my body from going into starvation mode. Now that I am just maintaining my weight, I don't have to do that. Add me if you like - I accept all friend requests here.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you can definitely lose 20 lbs by the end of the year.... just do it right. don't starve yourself, I'm currently averaging 2000 calories a day, and have lost 112.8lbs. :) working on losing another 20-30lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    It is more than possible, and glad to hear you have a cheerleader on your side! Keep up the good work, and don't worry if you get off track a little, I'm sure it happens to us all, I know it's happened to me.